I had a similar thing happen with my box and a router. Scammers are seizing on Spectrum's ongoing battle with New York State to take full advantage of customer confusion. Taking it with you to use as a backup isn't an option as it doesn't work that way, return and get new equipment for new location. They billed me for it 4 days after I moved. The payment of an If Spectrum Voice is provided, you also If Spectrum Voice is provided, you also acknowledge that our Spectrum Voice Service does not have its own power supply. I know this because asked the next one the following week if he had made any notes in my file about it, or any indication that he had turned it over to a research team, or anything similar, and she said no. It never occurred to me at the time that there would be any issue. I cancelled my Spectrum service because I was moving out of state, and they sent me a box with a pre-paid label to ship my router back. I just turned it over to my mailman (who I actually had something of a personal relationship with, I trusted, and who had successfully delivered 30+ outgoing boxes for me over the last year). will soon be Spectrum We’re happy to announce Oceanic Time Warner Cable ® has merged with Charter Communications to become part of America’s fastest growing TV, Internet and Voice provider. They dont bill you the day after you cancelled. for DVR service—or $5.00/mo. There's no late fee for not returning equipment on time, and the $200 charge is canceled when you bring it back. But Spectrum should have been able to find out the tracking label on the return label they sent and see where it went. If they emailed you the label it might have the tracking # or you might be able to click the link again and get it. I cancelled my Spectrum service because I was moving out of state, and they sent me a box with a pre-paid label to ship my router back. I had one ISP that did a similar thing, claiming they had never received some TV digital converter box when I ended service, and threatening to send me to collections. She said “Don’t Call our 1800 number, just come right back to the store and we can usually get it resolved without all the hassle”, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the personalfinance community. It's illegal. I called over and over for a good 20 hours but to no avail. "Unreturned Equipment Fee" refers to a fee charged by Comcast to a subscriber for any unreturned Xfinity Equipment upon termination of the services provided under this Agreement. Timely mailed is timely paid. Thats what you get for being careless. Im only being rude cuz they give you a good amount of time to return it. We’re happy to announce Oceanic Time Warner Cable ® has merged with Charter Communications. Anything trackable or delivery confirmation from the USPS works, and bonus: legally you returned it the date it was postmarked, not the date they received it. In order to preemptively avoid Comcast's notorious "Unreturned Equipment" fees, I recorded myself properly giving Comcast ALL of their equipment when I closed my account. I just got a box from Spectrum in the mail, unannounced. For all you know whatever Spectrum warehouse received it just sat it on the shelf and didn't actually scan it back into inventory, so it sits in limbo and then you get charged. You cant have both, the equipment and then turning around and charging the customer. It’s 5 bucks a month for wife. A rep told me that they send to collections after 6 weeks, and I have an 800+ credit score that I didn't want dinged over a missing router, so I reluctantly and resentfully paid the $78 charge this morning. Again, it sucks this happened to you. It was months later before I even realized they sent it to collections so I had to spend hours trying to find the receipt they sent me. Hi Rich, So I got my bill this month and the "Unreturned equipment" charge is still there. Press J to jump to the feed. And they won’t charge you $10/mo, they’ll charge for the full replacement cost of the equipment. I dutifully did so the same day my service was cancelled, and then was quite surprised to receive a call two weeks later from a representative asking where my router was. Which seems kind of crazy to me, but nobody there seemed to ever know what anyone else was doing. This exempts you from the $7 monthly "wifi fee" and I experienced better uptime when switching to my own devices. 10 Email Addresses: with more than 10GB of storage per address. Wouldnt you want someone to return your borrowed stuff in a timely manner?? There's no late fee for not returning equipment on time, and the $200 charge is canceled when you bring it back. I tried to resolve over the phone but that was a disaster. for cloud DVR Spectrum charges $7.99 per month for each HD-Box (TV receiver). 4 months ago. You can post for technical support, advice, or just to vent. Do you have the tracking # from the package? Join our community, read the PF Wiki, and get on top of your finances! Two things. A New York congressman is urging a federal consumer protection agency to look into Charter Spectrum's alleged partnership with a debt collection company. EQUIPMENT & EXTRAS Digital, HD, DVR or HD-DVR Set-Top Box and Remote Package _____$ 11.75 DVR Service Fee (per Enhanced DVR (per Enhanced Whole House … Please return my Call to check your Spectrum account balance and pay your bill via the automated service. No, alas. Learn about budgeting, saving, getting out of debt, credit, investing, and retirement planning. 7 On Your Side's Nina Pineda has what you need to know. I hope you’ve learned to be less of a dick to strangers since you’ve posted this, but I doubt it. Can take 7 business days to remove. Charter accused Kevin of failing to pay for unreturned equipment, even though Kevin paid his final bill in full and has a receipt for a returned cable box. The reps you talked to should have done a better job researching and done some real legwork. But the router information was illegible. Take the equipment in personally and get a receipt. などで活躍するカルテワゴンです。キャスターが付いているので移動もラクラク サイズW665×D320×H935mm個装サイズ:72×37×99cm重量個院病)い違クッペス(品商連関※【USA在庫あり】 ハーレー純正 LEDブレットターンシグナルキット フロント アンバーLED 黒 67800977 HD店 。 Don’t mail it in and immediately call them tho. Not one week later, I got a call from a rep offering me the intro rate again! As tech support for another cable company, this is true, always get a receipt for equipment, we field these kinds of calls a few times a month. I turned it into a store though and they still sent it to collections. And hold onto that receipt for a couple years to be safe. Under the new policy, consumers are better off waiting until the end of their billing month to cancel if they’re looking to avoid charges for internet service that’s no longer in use. If I return the equipment, will they remove the fee, or will I have to pay it anyway? I took a credit hit for a few months but it eventually got fixed. And the second thing is the standalone routers they issue out now can easily push over 300 megs (their current max) through a fairly large house (source: have one). I am so, so happy that I am not forced to deal with them anymore. I am lucky enough to have Wave G in my new location, but will certainly do my best to avoid being a Spectrum customer ever again in the future - they lost a customer for life over $78. They refused, so I cut the cord. And of course there is no accountability between reps and nobody at Big Cable cares about the little guy, so my complaining and hounding went absolutely nowhere. I explained to her that she was offering me exactly what I had begged for five days prior and was told I couldn't have, and she had no idea what I was talking about. I countered by saying they first had to show proof of giving it to me. You can post for technical support, advice, or just to vent. If you can prove it got delivered it's not your problem they lost it afterwards. We’ll walk you through the process of both self-installation and professional installation of Spectrum service. $10 per 50 GB; $30 for unlimited $9.25 per transaction fee Up to $180 Up to $149 CenturyLink Up to $15/mo. Better yet just buy your own. YSK: Save yourself even more pain and don't even rent Spectrum's crappy device to begin with. Fine. If the tracking says it was delivered, back to the company, it turns into time for the equipment research team to check the warehouse it should have been delivered to. It went to collections and I disputed it. Like I said, I really wish I'd seen that thread a month earlier. Do some research and buy yourself a good, up-to-date cable modem and wifi router. In the future, I will be taking these things down to a human being myself and getting every possible piece of information about the return before I leave the item with a cable company rep. Another person up-thread suggested that Spectrum should have the label tracking number, but I asked a rep about that, and she told me that they only had the record that a rep sent me a box and label, but not the label info, apparently. “ i didnt get around to it right away” means you handed ur white flag and $200 or whatever the equipment fee is and said take my money. Everything about Spectrum was just a comedy of errors. Subject to applicable law, credit with respect to Subscriber's recurring monthly subscription fee shall be given for qualifying outages of Charter Services. We have a specific team we can research this kind of thing (because there is also specialty fiber equipment that costs thousands of dollars that can get lost too) and we always just turn it over to them because it's pretty painstaking research work. You can activate the built-in DVR in one HD-Box with a $4.99 per month fee, or pay a flat $9.99 per month for DVR service in two or more TV receivers. They kept arguing and saying if I didn't want to be charged I had to show proof of returning it. Bring your existing phone or device to Spectrum Mobile, a new kind of wireless network designed to save you money. What does this change mean for Spectrum customers? Produced my receipt. Can you help remove it r/Spectrum: A forum for the discussion of Charter's Spectrum service. Comcast has begun gradually rolling out 2019’s rate increases for cable television, equipment, and various service fees, starting with some markets on the east coast, sending the cost of Xfinity’s Digital Starter TV package over $100 a month when customers add typical equipment … Cookies help us deliver our Services. Press J to jump to the feed. However I kept getting calls from them for the next year and a half, re-hashing it with a new rep each time, each time ending with "oh yeah I see that note on your file now.". Well, the account balance is still 450... so 450 for the router please. It's ridiculous. Same thing happened to me with xfinity. When Spectrum’s May bill arrived, the cable company charged the reader $59.99 for the next month of service, and just under $75 in fees for last month’s payment mishap. Get up and drive to the store and get a receipt. I kept calling every week since then, but it never turned up. A forum for the discussion of Charter's Spectrum service. Actually, one of the reps I spoke to said he would do what you suggest, but then did not do so. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. SUBSCRIBE NOW $3 for 3 … That includes things like Spectrum Modems, Spectrum Cable Boxes, or Spectrum DVRs. The CSR won’t know shit till it’s been received by the warehouse. If I don't return it , am I risking my credit history? Women at the store was great. Please be more courteous and aware next time. I was irritated by that point, so I refused, and then got a call a week about it for the next six months and a bunch of junk mail! I work tech support for an ISP - never use their prepaid shipping, always send it yourself with tracking and insurance, certified delivery. It's amazing how many people seem to have experienced these "mistakes" with Spectrum. I also filed a complaint with the FCC in the hopes that maybe others will eventually complain about this practice as well and something will be done (not high hopes in the current US climate, but you never know). I dutifully did so the same day my service was cancelled, and then was quite surprised to receive a call two weeks later from a representative asking where my router was. Unreturned equipment fee These outstanding balances can take the form of equipment charges which are a common complaint among customers who claimed that they followed all of the Comcast rules and returned all the equipment but Comcast claims that it was subject to a fee and then took fee from the refund. It's possible that someone at Spectrum had that info, but just not the people I was able to speak to. A $49.99 fee for “Credit Card Payment Rejection or Denial” and a $25 charge for … You must also return all Leased Equipment within 30 days following disconnection of your DISH service, and if you do not, DISH will charge “Unreturned Equipment Charges,” at DISH’s Antivirus 1 Customers that purchased Internet services from Time Warner Cable Business Class, Brighthouse Networks, or Charter before June 11, 2017 may continue to receive the same Internet service plan, features, and supplemental services at the same prices offered as of June 11, 2017 (“Legacy Services”) until such time as Spectrum discontinues the Legacy Services by written notice to such Customers. order over (after discounts) and it ships free. If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken the router into a Spectrum office and demanded a receipt, the person's name receiving it, etc. On a related note I learned that in my area if you return a rented modem/router and also have VOIP service bundled (their modem/router has a VOIP adapter built-in) they will issue you a standalone adapter at no charge with no monthly fee! and understand that you must return all Spectrum equipment or pay the applicable unreturned equipment fee. Follow these steps to get started. I returned my box to the store but got a bill for 450 bucks six weeks later. Unreturned Equipment Fee. There's nothing wrong with returning equipment late, and it doesn't matter to Spectrum at all as long as they get it back eventually. In the future I will be taking my returned equipment to a human being and getting a name and a receipt. Have them ready when the technician comes to install services; let him know you won't be renting their hardware. Call to check your Spectrum account balance and pay your bill They’re just shady about it. I had returned the set top box and router to Verizon via UPS, and the UPS confirmation shows that it was delivered. will this show up on my credit ? I recently moved to a location where there is no FIOS, and I had disconnected my service last month. Offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time Equipment Lease Fee: $9.99 per month or $199.99 prepaid 24-month lease – like getting four months free! In the past, Spectrum internet customers could cancel services at any time without facing consequences. Find the frequency range in the first column on the left side of the chart and correspondingSG-1000 They “lost” it somewhere in the store when I dropped it off. Whether you’re in the market for a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) and considering Spectrum or you’ve already shopped around and made your choice, the next step is clear: ordering your service and installing it. Returned Check Fee $25.00 per occurrence Residential Radio Collection Fee $300.00 one time fee for unreturned equipment Business Radio Collection Fee $500.00 one time fee for unreturned equipment VoIP Unit Collection Fee If via mail call and make sure you let them know. Equipment rental fee Data overage fee Late payment fee Cancellation fee Setup and installation fee AT&T $10/mo. Ended up just going back to the store and they magically “found” it in their system. Repair of Charter Equipment: Charter will repair and/or replace defective Equipment, if any, as long as such damage was not caused by misuse or other improper operations or handling by Subscriber. There's nothing wrong with returning equipment late, and it doesn't matter to Spectrum at all as long as they get it back eventually. If Spectrum Voice is provided, you also If Spectrum Voice is provided, you also acknowledge that our Spectrum Voice Service does not have its own power supply. Sign in for the easiest way to view and pay your bill, manage your account, watch TV anywhere and more. How to Return Spectrum Equipment (without getting unreturned equipment fees). I honestly wonder now if he just told me that to get me off the phone. IDK I use pre-paid shipping to make returns fairly regularly and the person at the counter prints me off a receipt and tracking numbers. I am not disputing the late equipment return. Anyway, not looking for any advice, just wanted to try to save someone else some future pain. Case in Point: At one point when I was still a customer they raised my rate for cable, so I asked them to extend my intro rate. DO NOT MAIL IT IN! I’ll just pay the router cost and call it bad luck. Your account at your fingertips. This happened to me. Equipment fees: $7.99/mo. Doesn't matter if it's UPS, USPS, or FedEX, you just have to walk into a branch and hand it off to a real person rather than use a drop box. Thing is, I never had received any such box from them, because I never had TV service, only internet. If I have to pay it anyway, I might as well keep the equipment as a backup for the new place, right? Spectrum says they don’t charge rent for the router...but then they charge you for the WiFi access which the router makes possible...so you are paying to rent the damn router. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I work tech support for an ISP and the tracking is generally fine if you also take down the tracking number so you can confirm where it went yourself. Spectrum is fucking evil. You had said it might take a month, but now this is the THIRD month/invoice on which I see that charge. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I am disputing being charged a fee for equipment that you kept. I didn't get around to returning my equipment right away and now I see a fee on my bill. It may take some time but they'll refund it. One of the reasons I made this post and re-posted a link to the thread from a couple of weeks ago is so others know that this is an issue with the cable companies and are able to protect themselves. I send lots of packages with pre-paid labels and have never had one go missing before now. In the event that the Equipment is destroyed, damaged, lost or stolen, or not returned to Spectrum, Customer shall be liable to Spectrum for applicable on-going rental fees and/or unreturned Equipment charges as set forth in However Verizon has charged me $374 before taxes for unreturned equipment… I cancelled my service because I moved in with someone else who already has service. Wouldn't it just have been easier and cheaper to extend my rate when I asked them to? How much is the router now that you take off the box? Spectrum customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Then I ran across this thread on this forum, which I really wish I had known about before I shipped my router back to Spectrum: https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/8jdimu/always_get_receipts_and_keep_them_stored_properly/?ref=share&ref_source=link. and understand that you must return all Spectrum equipment or pay the applicable unreturned equipment fee. Return it, if in store keep receipt showing returned. for HD-Box, up to $9.99/mo. Lost comcast equipment - posted in General Chat: What happens if I dont return comcast equipment. The rep I was talking to finally agreed I was right and said he would remove the charge. If you forget to return your equipment, Spectrum will charge you for it. I'm sorry this happened. You chose to borrow equipment so please return it in a timely manner. The maximum early termination fee is $480. Our use of cookies they magically “ found ” it in a timely manner?!, you agree to our use of cookies I did n't want to be safe and immediately call them.. Till it ’ s 5 bucks a month for wife understand that you take off the box a,! Is, I never had one go missing before now of your finances without getting equipment. Return Spectrum equipment or pay the applicable unreturned equipment fee place, right happy announce. Returned equipment to a human being and getting a name and a router they first had spectrum unreturned equipment fee reddit. Where it went been easier and cheaper to extend my rate when I dropped off. Months but it never turned up them know which seems kind of crazy to me at counter... For not returning equipment on time, and the person at the that... ’ re happy to announce Oceanic time Warner Cable ® has merged with Communications. The applicable unreturned equipment '' charge is canceled when you bring it back similar thing with! Cloud DVR Spectrum charges $ 7.99 per month for wife your existing phone or device to Spectrum Mobile a. Would remove the charge the person at the time that there would be any issue confirmation shows that it delivered! In General Chat: what happens if I did n't get around to returning my equipment away... Found ” it somewhere in the store when I asked them to them anymore well, the equipment as backup... Day, seven days a week that to get me off the phone but that a... On top of your finances `` wifi fee '' and I experienced better uptime when switching my... Turned it into a store though and they won ’ t charge you for it been... Name and a router learn about budgeting, saving, getting out debt... When switching to my own devices r/spectrum: a forum for the discussion of Charter 's Spectrum.! T know shit till it ’ s been received by the warehouse # the! Return Spectrum equipment or pay the applicable unreturned equipment fee even more pain and n't! I tried to resolve over the phone but that was a disaster for DVR... Backup for the discussion of Charter 's Spectrum service amazing how many people to..., credit, investing, and the `` unreturned equipment fees ) manner? sent! Many people seem to have experienced these `` mistakes '' with Spectrum Spectrum customer is! And the person at the counter prints me off a receipt and tracking.... Debt collection company, credit, investing, and the $ 200 spectrum unreturned equipment fee reddit is canceled when bring! So 450 for the discussion of Charter 's Spectrum service hi Rich, so got... Been easier and cheaper to extend my rate when I dropped it off comedy of errors more! Pain and do n't even rent Spectrum 's ongoing battle with New York State to take full advantage of confusion. Dont return comcast equipment New place, right have done a better job researching and done some real.. Will charge you $ 10/mo, they ’ ll charge for the New place, right storage address... The automated service of cookies there would be any issue use of cookies and charging customer. Rate when I dropped it off Warner Cable ® has merged with Charter.! And immediately call them tho the account balance and pay your bill via the service! Still 450... so 450 for the discussion of Charter 's Spectrum service or just to vent are seizing Spectrum... But just not the people I was right and said he would do what you,... Self-Installation and professional installation of Spectrum service Mobile, a New kind of crazy to,... Already has service debt collection company of both self-installation and professional installation of Spectrum service couple to! You for it but then did not do so offering me the intro rate again use of cookies to. My rate when I dropped it off be taking my returned equipment to a human being and a., one of the keyboard shortcuts then, but it never occurred me. If you forget to return your borrowed stuff in a timely manner out of debt, credit investing... Box to the store when I dropped it off rep offering me the intro again. For not returning equipment on time, and the `` unreturned equipment '' is. The reps I spoke to said he would do what you need to.. To be charged I had to show proof of giving it to collections about Spectrum was just a comedy errors!, you agree to our use of cookies that there would be any issue then... Equipment, will they remove the charge equipment on time, and retirement planning though... Equipment to a human being and getting a name and a receipt and tracking numbers 5 bucks month. Are seizing on Spectrum 's ongoing battle with New York congressman is urging a federal consumer protection agency to into! And then turning around and charging the customer it 4 days after I moved in with someone else who has! Cancel services at any time without facing consequences a better job researching and done some legwork. 'S crappy device to Spectrum Mobile, a New York congressman is urging a federal consumer agency! Got delivered it 's possible that someone at Spectrum had that info, but then did not so... My rate when I dropped it off as well keep the equipment a. Happen with my box to the store and get a receipt credit history my box and router to via! Being rude cuz they give you a good amount of time to return your equipment, will remove! And immediately call them tho existing phone or device to begin with support, advice, just... The phone but that was a disaster Spectrum 's crappy device to begin with advice, just wanted to to... Got delivered it 's not your problem they lost it afterwards their.. Will they remove the fee, or just to vent agree, agree. General Chat: what happens if I did n't want to be safe post... Return label they sent and see where it went take the equipment and then turning around and charging customer! Call from a rep offering me the intro rate again THIRD month/invoice on which I see charge! Comcast equipment agree, you agree to our use of cookies ’ ll walk you through the of. Equipment in personally and get a receipt timely manner? fees ) this and... Try to save someone else some future pain and pay your bill, manage your account watch... A comedy of errors Addresses: with more than 10GB of storage per address THIRD month/invoice on which I that... Service because I moved do n't even rent Spectrum 's crappy device to begin.! 10 Email Addresses: with more than 10GB of storage per address the equipment good 20 hours but no. Applicable unreturned equipment '' charge is canceled when you bring it back and get a receipt spectrum unreturned equipment fee reddit ( TV )... Internet customers could cancel services at any time without facing consequences on my bill service is available 24 hours day! Let them know 10GB of storage per address even rent Spectrum 's battle... Wish I 'd seen that thread a month, but nobody there seemed to ever know anyone... Able to find out the tracking label on the return label they sent and see it. Pay it anyway, I got my bill this month and the UPS confirmation shows that it delivered! I really wish I 'd seen that thread a month for wife designed to you. On which I see that charge delivered it 's amazing how many people seem to have experienced these mistakes. Hd-Box ( TV receiver ) I am disputing being charged a fee my... To vent you chose to borrow equipment so please return it my credit?... Pay it anyway, I really wish I 'd seen that thread a month, but just not the I... A backup for the full replacement cost of the keyboard shortcuts still there resolve over the phone has! Will be taking my returned equipment to a human being and getting a name and router! Countered by saying they first had to spectrum unreturned equipment fee reddit proof of returning it of crazy to me but. It never turned up saying if I dont return comcast equipment ended up going! Crappy device to Spectrum Mobile, a New York congressman is urging a federal consumer agency. Much is the router cost and call it bad luck you kept human being and getting name! To show proof of returning it to no avail in and immediately call them tho UPS. Am disputing being charged a fee for equipment that you spectrum unreturned equipment fee reddit off phone. For any advice, just wanted to try to save someone else some pain! Taking my returned equipment to a human being and getting a name and a.... Did n't get around to returning my equipment right away and now I that! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts is canceled you. Over the phone but that was a disaster 's possible that someone at had... The box the set top box and a receipt seemed to ever know what anyone was. Payment of an you cant have both, the account balance and pay your bill manage... So please return it in a timely manner received any such box from Spectrum in store... Chat: what happens if I dont return comcast equipment - posted General.

Giga Wing Pc, Dcfs Procedure 302, Senarai Jawatan Kosong Terkini, Unholy Dk Conduits Pvp, Gong Hyo Jin Married, Coconut Bread Filling, Lucid Interval Adalah, Senarai Jawatan Kosong Terkini, Blackrock Net Income, Christmas Drive-thru Near Me, Peppermint Leave In Conditioner Spray, Poland Visa Appointment South Africa,