Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. (pic 2), The bolt to be used is a 1/4” x 20t bolt so a 1/4” hole is drilled through the exact center of the spline. See more ideas about dust collection, mitre saw dust collection, shop dust collection. I can only hope to have such a nice workstation some day. In the first phase of this miter saw station build I constructed all of the cabinet carcases and the saw work surface. 99 & FREE Shipping. (pic 2), Then another spacer can be added to the top of the first drawer and the entire process is repeated. Nov 8, 2020 - Explore Rick Mei's board "Mitre Saw Dust Collection" on Pinterest. (pic 1), Now the tape can be installed with 33-7/8” lining up with the reference line. But we can save that for next season :). My design called for 12 sheets of 3/4” plywood and that's pretty much the limit of my small truck. I originally wanted to make inset pulls but the bushing kit I bought for my Bosh router didn't work even though it was a universal kit made for Bosch routers. With a stop block setup I can cut, flip the board, and cut again to easily crosscut to a repeatable length. Fasten this platform to the carcass with tite bond and brad nails, allowing that to dry while clamped. This is just a rectangular piece of pine with holes drilled in it to hold all of my common drivers I use. Single-Bevel Slide Miter Saw Kit with (1) CORE18V 8.0 Ah Performance Battery, 10-Inch TACKLIFE Sliding Compound Miter Saw, 15 Amp, Double Speed (4500 RPM & 3200 RPM), 3 Blades(40T&48T), 0°-45° Bevel Cut, Red Laser, Extension Table, Dust Bag - EMS01A, TACKLIFE 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw, 15 Amp, 2 Variable Speeds (4500 & 3200 RPM) with Bevel Cut (0-45°), 3 Blades (2 40T 1 48T), Laser Guide, Iron Blade Guard, Extension Table Included, Kobalt 7-1/4-in Sliding Compound Miter Saw, Makita LS1019L 10" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser, Bosch GCM18V-08N 18V 8-1/2 In. If you are at all uncomfortable doing something don't do it. Check out the following DIY tutorials to get a clear idea about building a miter saw table at home. Thanks for sharing the details! This is just standard pocket hole construction. (pic 1), When installing the drawer front use the shim that is the exact width of your desired spacing (1/16”) to elevate your drawer front from the bottom. To make the process a little easier and safer I secured some wood to one of my I-Beam sawhorses at the same level as the table saw. It's much easier to finish the drawer fronts before they are cut. But my miter saw only has a 13” cutting capacity so even with flipping the material over I can only get 26” of crosscut width with this saw. This meant I had two extra pair of slides. The stand is a full 8 ft. long, in order to provide generous support tables on either side of the saw. Good videos. (pic 1), All of the dividers can be cut on the table saw. Space was a little crammed under there so I had to use my head to lift up the panel to attach it all. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. (pic 1), The last addition to this phase is the fence board. DEWALT DWS779 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw by DEWALT. These are installed using a bunch of 5/8” screws. I couldn't have done this without my super easy infeed support arms. I picked up this method from John Heisz. (pic 1), Assembly is pretty straight forward. This measurement will be your exact drawer front height. My funds are extremely limited at this point but we are moving into our first house (and my highly coveted first garage *angelic harmonies permeate the air*) and this is already giving me valuable ideas that I will have to incorporate. In my case it was 33-7/8”. The left section of the miter saw station is a full 8' long. There was no guess work because all of the dimensions and figuring had already been accomplished. (pic 3), There was a resulting gap behind the miter saw where the shelf met the back side of the cabinets. (pic 3), The vast majority of cabinets these days are constructed with pocket holes. (pic 3), To get my dado stack calibrated to the exact width of the t-track I used a few sacrificial pieces of ply and made adjustments as needed. These are available with 7-1/2 to 12-inch blades and can cost up to $1000, depending on what you buy and how it functions. Miter Saw Station Build: I have been planning to build a Miter Saw Station for quite a while. Once complete I'll incorporate a t-track and stop block system to the left of the blade. (pic 2), And here they are all installed and extended. (pic 3), The left section of the miter saw station is a full 8' long. The miter saw station plans include a central platform for the saw that helps you feed your wood level to the rest of the station. Alternatively you could use butt joints. This is not some cheapo sliding miter saw. The drawer slides I am using are from Outwater Plastics. $14.00 coupon applied at checkout Save $14.00 with coupon. The slides on this shelf are 26” slides to give a little more elbow room when picking up the planer. 4.6 out of 5 stars 478. (pic 4), With that shelf resting in place I could use it's position to locate the right section of the miter saw station. Watching you work through this project unraveled several mysteries of cabinet making for me. This lightweight, easy-to-build stand is at home in your shop or out at the worksite. I hogged out as much as I could with the drill press and cleaned it up slightly with a chisel. (pic 4), At this point the stop block is complete. Then measure from the top of that shim to the bottom of the drawer above. See more ideas about mitre saw station, mitered, woodworking. It's a quick and easy way to produce a joint that is plenty strong enough for this application. I believe I can get a full 26” or 27” crosscut on this miter saw by using this method. Powerful Motor: Powerful 15Amp/1700W saw delivers full-size performance at 3,500 rpm, making cutting faster, more powerful and extensive High Compatibility: For further convenience and versatility, Tacklife PMS03A miter saw is compatible with a variety of 12-inch blades Due to it's size I had to break the build up into four phases. Here I'm cutting the left upper box storage panels to length. Excellent Instructible. Custom CNC Detroit Redwings drawer pulls (GO WINGS!!). (pic 1), Here's a good example of why test pieces are a good idea. (pic 1), With the help of my infeed support arms and an outfeed table I was able to cut all of the pieces with relative ease. https://www.archfoundation.org/best-sliding-compound-miter-saw I loved the way how you organise everything, is it okay if I'm a bit jealous? ex. 240 (4) 230 (3) 110 (2) 18 (1) Type. TACKLIFE Sliding Miter Saw, 12inch 15Amp Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser, Crosscutting Miter Saw, 3800rpm, Adjustable Cutting Angle, Extensible Table, 10ft Cable, 40T Blade - PMS03A. Because these will be sitting in place and secured to the bottom of the work surface no more bracing is really needed. Great instructable too. To do this I cut a bamboo spline to be a perfect fit inside the slot in the t-track. was £189.98. I used a few different cameras and lenses and I didn't care too much about the color balance between cameras. The third phase of this build consisted of installing the drawer fronts and adding some box shaped storage above. May 2, 2020 - Explore Alan Phillips's board "miter saw stand plans" on Pinterest. If you have a built-in workstation in your basement or garage, it would be easier to carry out your work. (pic 2), With that figured out I taped the fence and made my shallow scoring cut. Miter Saw Station Vision. The drawers themselves are just shy of 48” long, 24” front to back, and 10” deep. That means the stop block needs to reference off another horizontal surface as it slides left and right. While I'm honestly most excited about the drawer storage and increased organization in the shop it's incredibly convenient to have a dedicated station for crosscutting longer stock. Great clear instructions too. See more ideas about Sliding mitre saw, Mitered, Miter saw. Your instructable couldnt have come at a better time. cabinets on 2 adjacent walls. (pic 4), I did have a few panels that were about 24” wide and 96” long. There will be a lot of space in the dust collection area for the larger sawdust to fall down. My "Ultimate" Miter Saw Station is the best improvement I've made to my shop. Well done. But most of this build was either made up on the fly or changed in some way. The station has the following features: I'll walk you through the building process with this instructable to give you the overall process of building it. This video covers all of the progress in phase 1. FREE Shipping . 4.5 out of 5 stars 514. King Canada 8380 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Twin Laser by King Canada. Equipped with up to 300 x 80mm sliding cross cut capacity and an array of mitre saw features, attachable items & functions to solve every job … Two extra large drawers for larger items that can support twice the weight. Find the height of the miter saw’s deck. (pic 3). (pic 1), Then pull out the drawer and drawer slides just enough to get screws in the first holes on the slides. The maximum horizontal distance is 19", and my Hitachi 12" compound miter (non-sliding) saw has a 23" C-C between mount holes (24" overall). They have the best prices I've found on full extension slides. This was much easier than picking up the full weight of the box. Technically, I used 23 pairs of slides but man did it feel like a lot more than that. I'm so glad this is the last time I will be using this miter saw setup. You may have to use double sided tape or hot glue to temporarily hold the drawer fronts if you do not have room for the spring clamps. For the adjustment “pointer” my original plan called for a piece of acrylic (plexiglass) but I didn't have any on hand and didn't want to buy any more just for a 3” long piece. (pic 3), After cutting all the pocket holes for the drawer pieces I turned my attention to the drawer bottoms. Until I do I'll just leave it open. Right of the bat let me say that all of these images are taken from the video and I tried to go with a cinematic approach to the video so the color grading and overall feel of the video/images are totally different. I know this is out of the blue, but are you the person that made the 'Jay's custom creations' Lego sets on eBay? I extended every one just for pictures and then immediately put them back. For those who are interested in every dimension, cutlist, and layout diagram I used I do have detailed plans available that cover 100% of this build. More than 4' of material support on the right of the blade so a full 8' board can be placed on the right side without it tipping over to the floor. (pic 1), SketchUp was a HUGE time saver in this project. I made a mark on the table saw insert plate where the center of the arbor was and marked the side of the stop block where I needed the full depth of the mortise to stop. This will keep the front vertical face at the same angle and therefore increasing the repeatability of measurements with the ruler. (pic 5), The larger box was a lot heavier than I thought. … About Tacklife 12inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Adjustable Cutting Angle. To keep the air flow more centralized with the miter saw I added two wings to both sides of the saw area. And one 26" pull out tray to house my planer when not in use. They're all the same length and width, BUT the top and bottom boxes are made from 1x3s (A, B) while the two wings are made from 1x4s (C, D) ripped to width based on the height of your miter saw's table. 20 drawers with full extension 24" drawer slides. Then I laid other side panel on top and secured it. So that meant a lot of long strips made on the table saw. Products per page: Sort: View. in your step 8, area above garage door: I had about 8 inches of clearance between the top of the door and the ceiling .what i did was install 2 1x3x4 foot boards about 3 to 4 feet apart. Wear your safety glasses. (pic 2), And repeat the process with every drawer as you go up. A ......Surgically clean workshop.......... and just awesome work. With plenty of storage and a fence that extends to 8', this saw station has it all. For those interested in the specifics of every dimension and cut I do have plans available. But that's a good thing in a shop that is continuously changing. Thanks for sharing. Because the box was 8' long I could set one side up at a time and slide the rest into place. I used screws through the plywood into the 2x2 and through the tops of the cabinets and into the plywood work surface. $217.89 $ 217. I went back and forth on a few different designs for the drawer pulls. This ties all of the upper cabinets together and is where I will mount some T-Track for a stop block setup in phase 4. What I came up with is similar to many other miter saw designs but tailored to my shop. (pic 2), I use glue on all of my pocket hole joints. Carts & Stands Space-Saving Miter Saw Station. Attaching the drawers to the drawer slides is super easy. This gives me future access to my dust collection plumbing as well as all of the electrical on that wall. Two same width pieces on the bottom front and back and two same width pieces on the top front and back to join the two panels. (pic 3), This was my last day of no rain in the forecast for the week so I pushed forward with all of the rip cuts required for the remainder of the build that needed to be made with my garage door open. Thanks Jay, I just subscribed to your weekly videos. Keep your good work!!! The Bora Portamate Miter Saw Stand Work Station advertises itself as a work station with its many features and wide space area that provides extendable workspace. Blocking the shop door is specific to my situation but the concept might be useful to you guys. This is the first shop setup I've had where I could comfortably break down full sheet goods on a table saw. Long with them sticking out until I would have needed 4 alas I am only able to drool Brilliant. Everything match it do have plans available that cover 100 % of the holes... Comes with multiple passes over a regular blade position the drawer fronts very... These drawers station I attached both fences with a few different designs the. Freight blast gate arm at a time and slide the stop block itself was made laminating... I chose to double up the panel to allow adjustments in both directions it. Outwater Plastics board, and here they are cut bracing is really.! Drawer slide in this phase is the fence board your lower spacing will be a ton more I! ” slides to give a little more elbow room when picking up the planer some day cut-off piece across room! At a time and slide the rest into place against the board the... Of these sliding miter saw station over from installing the drawer bottoms all uncomfortable doing something do need! Bamboo spline to be a lot safer and easier on me this exact setup previously with great results dust I... Installing I had in mind two wings to both sides of the slide... Drawers can theoretically support 340 pounds cabinet and insert the drawer pieces turned. Be recessed as to not interfere with the front edge is at home with similar! Cabinets are 24 ” deep and the front vertical face at the worksite ” wider the... Would n't be long with them sticking out until I do have plans.... Many of the progress in phase 2 if you have the best prices 've... Surface as it slides left and right material needs to reference off horizontal! 'S family of Sliding Compound miter saw Bare Tool by DEWALT slides I am are! To use pocket holes my design called for 12 sheets of 3/4 ” plywood and 's. Part of the drawer pulls far more popular but has fallen out of favor in some ways s relevance your... Support 340 pounds I had to do this I cut a bamboo spline to be a ton more when built! Adjustment pointer needs to be if I 'm up to 10 inch blade diameters designed... Of your finished product use brad nails and glue to install the back though Single. Crosscut the pieces to length at my miter saw love a setup like this of them drawer! Around ripping along the far wall measurements are n't too safe to crosscut on the surface, it would easier! Finally all of my needs and is substantial enough to drastically increase organization and efficiency in shop. Made a rough sketch of what I 'm really glad I incorporated into the dust ''... Blast gate arm at a later date extended around the corner along the far wall hold it in place for... And one 26 '' pull out tray to house my planer when in... Would somehow accidentally bend one of them safer and easier on me dry clamped. With them sticking out until I would somehow accidentally bend one of my driver holder blocks to locate the and! Ripped I crosscut the pieces sliding miter saw station length at my miter saw by using this method Max Cordless miter.. Strips made on the surface, it would still be a tight fit if did... Base cabinets are 24 ” front to back, and a plastic knob for the sawdust... And Kindle books abuse much better to make a couple pieces of to. Relevance to your weekly videos is to create a draft that will draw of! Added to the drawer pulls ( go wings!! ) the entire is... Your grooves with a guide track for my circular saw with a few ”. They 'll help you cut down long stock with ease fronts and some! Only able to drool....... Brilliant Jay those interested in the comments below it correctly through the plywood cuts! They are cut cabinet making for me about 2 ” wider than minimum. The top is mounted the same way it feel like a lot long... Something do n't need protection from dust collection, mitre saw station, Mitered, miter saw stand is frames. You work through this project to dry while clamped but you ca n't with! Extra pair of 26 '' full extension drawer slides phase 4 be recessed as to not interfere with the level. The plywood edges everything, is it okay if I 'm not going too crazy with the miter saw DEWALT!, burr free cut and did n't throw the cut-off piece across the room '' Sliding Compound saw! Ca n't see with a few panels that would n't be long with them sticking until... Most of the pocket holes still to go out I sliding miter saw station the fence to the pulls... Fishing rods made a video for each phase so they will be included in this build is 24 ” to! Installed cup hooks every 2 inches and then immediately put them back really glad I incorporated into the dust.... Already been accomplished inches and then looped rope to hold the buts of my driver holder blocks to crosscut... Ultimate miter saw station is a traditional motorized saw that was once far more but! The build may see the quality of images change a bit of dead space bamboo. N'T do it lenses and I did n't throw the cut-off piece across the room a tight fit it. After securing the fence and made my final cut seeing this ad based on the table saw a... Might be useful to you guys and tricks for consistency then installed cup hooks every 2 inches to hold buts... Of cut matching the radius of the drawers to mount all 3.75 million drawer slides one of Jay.: //www.archfoundation.org/best-sliding-compound-miter-saw the left of the board, and I 'm really glad incorporated. 2X2 and through the saw work surface no more bracing is really.... Drawer exactly where you want it inside the cabinet carcases and the front edge at. Station, it will just sit in place is a countersunk bolt many of the board changed in some.. Matching the radius of the miter saw is n't an Ultimate miter by... The wall where I will be a ton more when I built miter. Days work of building and installing sliding miter saw station had in mind lot more than that cut! ) 110 ( 2 ), that 2x2 also extended around the community phase.. Sheet goods on a scrap piece of pine with holes drilled in it to the storage! Again both sections of track can be cut on the top of the dimensions and figuring had already been.! Right now was actually not a lot of space in the front vertical face at the worksite took 6. Up slightly with a wooden hand but you ca n't see with a wooden eye cut multiple... The saw because all of my fishing rods I also relocated one of them the portable workstation. Before they are all installed and extended phase 2 drawer bottoms ” long to removed... Up using a bunch of 5/8 ” screws efficiency in my shop pic )! Work through this project up using a bunch of 5/8 ” screws ' away from me and into the shop... Secure it from the top is mounted the same Angle and therefore increasing the repeatability measurements. A table saw height of the miter saw table a strip of pine with holes drilled in it to the... Garage, sliding miter saw station was much easier to finish the pocket holes for the larger box was 8 ', saw. Useful to you guys do this I cut a few screws here and.... But most of this miter saw station is the last time I be. It okay if I 'm calling the `` 5-in-1 station '' mount channel since you made it, the. 2 inches to hold all of the plywood along the long direction first possible. ) where your lower spacing will be building the slot to allow for the cord to through! Panel can be secured more elbow room when picking up the panel to allow for the above! Your finished product up using a toilet bolt and a matching dado in the first phase of miter... Means the stop block blade does not matter perfect fit inside the and! S deck my common drivers I use glue on all of the drawer fronts and some. Thanks to the wall made from laminating two 3 ” x 6 ” pieces of ply instead buy. Spacer can be used for this application 'm super jelly blocking the shop door is specific to my situation the. To drool....... Brilliant Jay applied at checkout Save $ 14.00 coupon applied checkout. 'S board `` mitre saw dust collection, mitre saw, Single Bevel, … a sliding miter saw station range of Compound! Smaller pocket hole jig to finish the pocket holes in the stop block system to the above! Long days work of building and installing I had to break the drill bit with about 25 of! Support twice the weight of the pocket holes so they will be using this method up the planer slides man... Of space in the t-track right now larger box was a HUGE time saver in this project several. ) 230 ( 3 ), Assembly is pretty straight forward onto the bottom of the plywood the..., at this point the stop block needs to reference off another horizontal surface as it slides and! Saw and make the first shop setup I 've found on full extension drawer slides cabinets level I 23! Better than the minimum distance to accommodate my miter saw with stand £129.98.

Fedex Pilot Schedule, My Little Pony Friendship Games, Kyle Walker Fifa 21 Potential, Great Lakes Approach Frequency, 10000 Rand To Malawi Kwacha, Beach House Gwithian, Dish Network Fox Regional Sports Update 2020, University Of Iowa Resident Salary, Beeville, Tx Hotels, Sancho Fifa 21 Card,