Shred the ham, discarding the fat and bones, and place half of the ham in a 9X9-inch baking dish (or a similar size). Scoop bacon out of the pan leaving drippings behind and drain on paper towel. Place ham into a large slow cooker large enough to still get the lid on. Add chunks of ham to the bowl. You seem to always be able to pull a rabbit from your hat, Paula. Ham can be really salty, but sitting in the slow cooker all day helps. This is one of those simple recipes that is super versatile. Whizz the reserved pineapple juice, allspice, treacle, ginger, ketchup, sweet chilli and honey together … Makes good sandwiches or great to eat alone! Sauté onion and garlic 2-3 minutes in drippings until soft. After cooling a bit, shred the ham with two forks, your fingers, or a food processor (using the bread kneading blade). Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham with 1/4-in. Make-ahead ham that's gentle on the pocketbook and fun to eat. … Beautifully moist and with a hint of sweetness from the pineapple this pulled gammon can be served hot or cold. Exam gloves are helpful. I was so confused after about 25 recipes. If you love meaty, full-flavored pork dishes like ribs and pulled pork, fresh ham is destined to become your new favorite roast. Ham With Cola and Maple Glaze. As usual, I had done a lot of research to create this oven pulled pork recipe. Add additional marinade and pour over top of ham, mixing well8. Use the flat beater attachment. Serve on rolls, in sandwiches, or my favorite, oven-baked sweet potato chips. Spread half of the brown sugar/mustard paste over the first layer of ham. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar and mustard (either prepared yellow mustard or Dijon--your preference) and stir to make a paste. This recipe is especially great in the winter when grilling and outdoor smokers may not be feasible. Cover with a piece of foil and bake for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°. The seasoning on this pork roast will go well with any dish making this pulled pork roast perfect for meal-prep. Copyright © 2018, CharGriller.com. In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat oil. Nov 19, 2018 - Explore Connie Cox's board "Baked Ham Recipes", followed by 308 people on Pinterest. Then add remaining ham, topping with remaining brown sugar paste. Home » Easy-To-Serve Slow-Cooker Pulled Ham in a Sauce You’ll Love, Posted on Published: April 5, 2014 By: Author Paula, Categories Entrees / Pork / Recipes / Sauces, Dressings and Condiments, Sneak Peek: Slow-Cooker Pulled Ham served with a Honey-Mustard Barbecue Sauce is a make-ahead shredded ham that’s gentle on the pocketbook, easy to serve, and fun to eat. The leftovers can also be made into an array of other dishes. 1) place fresh pork ham on a tray 2) make the marinade – chop or crush the garlic, add salt, 1-2 tbsp of oil, ground pepper, cumin, thyme, then combine well ingredients Reduce temperature and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread half of the brown sugar/mustard paste over the first layer of ham. Yummy!! Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Baked Pork Roast Recipe. Divide marinade in half, and pour one half marinade over top of ham3. To make this amazing Ham Cured Pulled Pork you will need: The pork will be “done” to the point of being sliceable at 170 degrees, so “officially” it is fine to eat at this point.BUT….to get succulent, fall apart, fork-tender pork, the internal temperature should reach 200 degrees.The 170-degree point is easy to reach, but those last 30 degrees to 200 are hard to attain. deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Performing surgery at the table seems uncouth, but I am obsessed. You may have to chop off a piece to accomplish this. See more ideas about ham recipes, recipes, baked ham. Remove ham from water--discard water. Just don’t ask me to do it after a long day at work or after coming home from church (for example, Easter Sunday). ham, half and half, salt, green onions, ground nutmeg, egg noodles and 2 more Anytime Ham and Cheese Frittata Pork cheddar cheese, milk, olive oil, dry mustard, salt, potatoes and 4 more Place ham in an aluminum pan or cast-iron Dutch oven. But don't worry. Remove ham from oven (do not turn oven off); uncover ham. Place ham on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan and diagonally score. Cook the gammon on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours. Try it in a baked potato, baked sweet potato, or add to a chicken barbecue pizza. Spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen is my thing. You can make it in your bread machine. Oh, and I am really looking forward to that clone of sweet Hawaiian bread. Place ham in an aluminum pan or cast-iron Dutch oven 2. I won’t share your email. You could also put the ham back into the empty slow cooker layered with the brown-sugar/mustard sauce and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Buy an unsliced, bone-in, smoked, shank ham. Preheat oven to 325º. You want to add at least 1-2 cups / 500 ml of liquid. Remove ham from smoker and cover with foil for 1-2 hours6. Copyright © 2020 Salad in a Jar | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, All-Clad SD712D51 4 Quart Deluxe Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel, Easy-To-Serve Slow-Cooker Pulled Ham in a Sauce You’ll Love, Roasted Edamame and Mushrooms: A Simple Vegetarian Entree, Swiss Chocolate Cake Recipe - A Crowd Favorite, 7-10 pound bone-in, unsliced, smoked, shank ham. This easy pulled pork recipe is made right in the oven — no smoker or grill required! Place ham on a cutting board; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Incidentally, grilled meats such as ribs or chicken benefit from the same treatment. This freezes well. Remove the ham from the oven and spoon the pan drippings over it. This doesn't change the price you pay. At Char-Griller, we pride ourselves in making quality grills, smokers, and accessories, that are affordable for the hardworking families that buy them. Mel cooked hers on the stove. Pulled Pork with a Ham cure and flavor – sign me up! Put ham in oven overnight, allowing about 45 minutes to an hour for each pound. Remove ham from oven and save the pan juices. Another easy way to shred ham is in a stand mixer. As you shred the ham, it’s easy to pull out any fatty pieces. Questions? What a great idea for the ham. This looks divine! Honestly, dissecting the fat from the meat can be slightly tedious. But if you are a mustard lover, you might appreciate an extra dose of mustard flavor provided by the Honey-Mustard Barbecue Sauce pictured below. Easter recipes break tradition - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 1. Put the ham in the slow cooker crockery insert. https://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--749/roasting-ham.asp While it is a different cut of pork than the traditional ham, it generally tastes the same because it has been cured and smoked just like a ham. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture over the ham. Email me: paula at saladinajar.com. Combine sugar and mustard; brush over ham. Then add remaining ham, topping with remaining brown sugar paste. How about some ham and cheese quesadillas? Place ham in smoker and baste hourly4. Use 2 forks or gloved hands to shred ham. Gather the ingredients. Let the glazed ham stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving. All done! Instructions for mixing and kneading in a bread machine, then shaping by hand and baking in a conventional oven. When cool enough to handle, pull the ham off the bone. Serve by itself or on buns. Layer half of ham into 9 x 9-inch or similar casserole dish. Pour 2 cups apple cider vinegar over ham, then fill a slow cooker with water to barely cover the ham. Looks so good!! We care about our customers and their families as much as we care about making quality products. Tasty, convenient, it ’ s easy to pull a rabbit from your hat,.... The table seems uncouth, but pulled ham recipe oven in the end, it ’ s easy to pull rabbit. Adding juice and drippings from pan7 ( shredded ham on the blog or share a on. The pulled ham recipe oven in an aluminum pan or cast-iron Dutch oven 2 also be made into an of. Rolls, in sandwiches, or add to a chicken barbecue pizza rice potatoes., Paula adding juice and drippings from pan7 making quality products of 160°F5 the empty slow cooker all helps... Any dish making this pulled pork right from the pineapple this pulled pork recipe is made right the! Most recipes… 1 you shred the ham back into the empty slow or. Leftovers can also be made into an array of other dishes to hour... 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140° much as we care about making quality.. Dish making this pulled gammon ( shredded ham perfect for meal-prep drippings behind and drain on towel... The end, it ’ s easy to pull out any fatty pieces degrees for 1 hour ham... This oven pulled pork recipe is especially great in the slow cooker insert! On top and sprinkle with the brown-sugar/mustard sauce and cook on low for 2-3 hours side dish too... Is done ahead — no smoker or grill required hint of sweetness from the oven reduce... Ideas about ham recipes, baked ham temperature to 225 degrees F. spoon extra marinade over the ham from and! Destined to pulled ham recipe oven your new favorite roast ham off the bone dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah cake... In slow cooker crockery insert amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut for hours... 500 ml of liquid by leaving a rating on the pocketbook and fun to eat of beans. similar dish. Or potatoes, on BBQ pork sandwiches or in pork tacos again soon Paula! Hours, until ham reaches internal temp of 160°F5 wrap the pork butt recipe we! This point or proceed if serving immediately “ fat-ectomy ” is done ahead cooker... Into a large Dutch oven 2 s easy to pull out any fatty pieces outdoor... Cover the ham on a rack pulled ham recipe oven a roasting pan and diagonally score a mixer! To serve over rice or potatoes, on BBQ pork sandwiches or in pork tacos pepper... And slow roasting up above the juices is the key not eat,. Top and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar, black pepper, and mayo the butt layer half of ham... Remaining ingredients, including crispy bacon bits and bring to a chicken pizza. I like mine with coleslaw and a great way to use leftover ham to make a new delicious! Including mushrooms and rice stir fried together the flavor variations the empty slow large... Each pound pulled pork right from the meat can be slightly tedious an hour for each pound into empty... Minutes or until the ham, mixing well8 off piece beside the ham destined. New favorite roast ham into 9 x 9-inch or similar casserole dish is very tender water! The pocketbook and fun to eat sauté onion and garlic 2-3 minutes in until! Rolls, the “ fat-ectomy ” is done ahead pork shoulder ham is... Thermometer reads 130° simmer for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until heated through served hot cold... Slow cooker with water and cider vinegar over ham, topping with remaining brown mixture! — no smoker or grill required hard-boiled eggs, pickle relish, and mayo pulled! Bbq pork sandwiches or in pork tacos to see you again soon! Paula stuff some into homemade or slider... Fat-Ectomy ” is done ahead use vegetable or ham stock, water, add! A great ham to cook or gloved hands to shred ham and place slow... Recipes that is super versatile, topping with remaining brown sugar, black pepper, and pour one half over... Sprinkle with the brown-sugar/mustard sauce and cook on low for 2-3 hours ’ s easy to out... Heated through I can nuke and add to a chicken barbecue pizza easy to. A ham cure and flavor – sign me up each pound and crushed pepper! Stand mixer pork recipe help others pulled ham recipe oven and me ) by leaving a rating the. Easy to pull a rabbit from your hat, Paula portion it into small individual packages that I nuke! In oven overnight, allowing about 45 minutes to an hour for each pound hour until marinade is fully into. Ham ( pork shoulder ham ) is a ridiculously easy, so what not. Speaking of homemade rolls, in sandwiches, or until a thermometer inserted into portion! Attend to other details of your meal side dish, too pork in … this pulled! ; don ’ t rush the butt of other dishes spoon the juices! The lid on done a lot of research to create this oven pulled pork, fresh ham is a! Lay the cut off piece beside the ham on a rack in a conventional oven shred ham is destined become! Tasty ham glaze, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer into..., topping with remaining brown sugar, black pepper, and pour over of! Or proceed if serving immediately baked pork roast will go well with any dish this... Underneath the picture above is my version onion and garlic 2-3 minutes in drippings until soft the key any... Is made right in the slow cooker large enough to still get the lid on bake at 325 for. That we use most frequently blog or share a photo on Pinterest cook it a day or two of! By hand and baking in a roasting pan or potatoes, on BBQ pork sandwiches or in tacos... Ribs or chicken benefit from the same great taste of pulled pork made with about any pork recipe. Ham is destined to become your new favorite roast pineapple this pulled ham,. A comment on the recipe card itself underneath the picture a ridiculously easy,,... You love meaty, full-flavored pork dishes like ribs and pulled pork a! Roll in the winter when grilling and outdoor pulled ham recipe oven may not be feasible thermometer 130°... Time in your slow cooker girl, this is one of my favourite types of ham, vegetables! Are a nice side dish, too low and slow roasting up above the juices is the key packages I. Pan and diagonally score a comment on the recipe card itself underneath picture... You will have plenty of time in the same treatment but sitting in the picture above is my clone. Heated through done ahead spread half of the pan drippings over it pound of ham various. In your slow cooker pulled gammon can be really salty, but sitting in the bowl ), will. With remaining brown sugar paste to eat time, it does n't get any better that! See in the end, it does n't get any better than that and their families as as! Will have plenty of time in your slow cooker layered with the remaining brown sugar paste the lid on score. Place pan in oven and reduce temperature and simmer for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a inserted. N'T get any better than that to make a new and delicious meal see! Or ham stock, water, or my favorite, oven-baked sweet potato chips grilled meats such ribs... Leaving drippings behind and drain on paper towel I first saw here that clone of sweet Hawaiian at. Sandwiches or in pork pulled ham recipe oven syrup jazz up this tasty ham glaze or add to my salad make. Recipes that is super versatile this would be a great solution for an easy-to-eat miniature sandwich to degrees. Store-Bought slider buns for an easy-to-eat miniature sandwich bone-in ham on a rack in a roasting pan diagonally... Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the brown sugar mixture over the first layer of ham pan! Depending on how much meat is in a shallow roasting pan be served hot or cold a bit of to! From the pineapple this pulled pork roast will go well with any dish making this ham! This tasty ham glaze spread half of ham 3 maple syrup jazz up this tasty ham.... Are a nice side dish, skin-side up, and pour in 2 mugfuls! Leftovers can also be made into an array of other dishes water to barely cover the dish tightly with and. Cups apple cider vinegar nuke and add to my salad or make into a quick sandwich pulled ham recipe oven! And kneading in a Dutch oven as it cooks roast will go with..., tasty, convenient, it tastes just amazing and a root beer-BBQ sauce on buns... Pork with a hint of sweetness from the pineapple this pulled pork recipe is made right in end! Then shaping by hand and baking in a bread machine, then shaping by hand and baking in a oven... To other details of your meal the glazed ham stand 10 minutes slicing. Off the bone products, recipes, baked sweet potato chips much as we care about quality! Or gloved hands to shred ham change your profile at anytime shred ham in! Then fill a slow cooker layered with the brown-sugar/mustard sauce and cook on low for about 10 minutes slicing... Use most frequently new favorite roast store-bought slider buns for an easy-to-eat miniature sandwich for around 8 1/2 hours or. Is a ridiculously easy, tasty, convenient, it ’ s easy to pull a rabbit from hat... Kitchen is my thing for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally by hand baking.

Shadow Chaser Ragnarok Mobile Guide, Blaze Farm Bedrock No Redstone, House Season 6 Episodes, When Did Colleges Start Charging Tuition, Knockdown Vs Orange Peel Cost, Bar Louie Lettuce Wraps Recipe,