cook for hours in the slow cooker, breaking down the ground beef into softer meat and the potatoes into smooth velvety goodness Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. If I use cheap ground beef from the grocery store, picadillo costs around $.50/serving. 2 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped, ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste. Step 3. Beans, potatoes, vegetables, and pasta can all go into hearty and delicious soups made with ground beef. – and you can cut it with a dollop of sour cream on top if you wish. This post may contain affiliate links. Along came Hurricane Isabel and power was out for a week. Stir in flour. One of the few meals the entire family can agree upon and fits within our food allergies. My family of 9, (yes, 9) loves this potato soup with ground beef. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/hamburger-potato-soup/830603 https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=526458 Warm and hearty comfort food. In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. facebook twitter instagram pinterest youtube. 1 lb lean ground beef; 1/2 cup chopped onion; 1 tsp garlic powder; 1/4 tsp pepper; 4 large potatoes peeled and sliced very thin (about 3 cups) 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup; 1/4 cup cream; 1/2 cup beef stock; 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese Layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 2 quart baking dish. Him? All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I like things cheesy. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Instant Pot Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is a creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Congrats! Cover with aluminium foil and cook in the preheated oven for 75-90 minute. Add to beef mixture. All I had was the soup and I lost 30 pounds that week. Even the pickiest eater of all ate every bite in his bowl! Drain. Add one layer of potato slices to the bottom of the baking dish. I am using real shredded cheese, Monterey Jack and it is fine. Bake in the oven for 1 and 15 minutes or until potatoes are nice and fork tender. Top with Cheddar cheese. Cook at a low simmer until all liquid is slightly thick and potatoes are soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. This creamy potato & hamburger soup was the result of my cleaning out my freezer and pantry. Meanwhile, brown beef and onions. Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Ground Beef and Potatoes: A Perfect Match. Step 2. Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly. Mike actually turned up his nose when I told him I was going to whip up this Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup.He seriously thinks he doesn’t like hamburger in soups. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Make sure to use Russet potatoes as they fall apart and make the soup thicker and tastier! Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet, season with salt and pepper then cook until ground beef is cooked though and crumbled. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Yes u can.. You can use any kind of shredded cheese you like. It’s creamy and cheesy which makes it a comforting soup for rainy or cold days. Pour off any fat. Reduce the … Has anyone frozen this soup? Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. Added a wonderful pop of flavor! This soup can be made in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top. SO good! When doing this only cook one portion of meat at a time otherwise the meat tends to boil rather than brown. Sometimes the most simple ingredients make the best ever meals. Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! This hamburger soup is not only delicious, it’s … The spices in my hamburger soup are different from the tomato based hamburger soup. Add the milk, beef stock and stir to combine. Again, remember that Mike doesn’t like rich soups, so if he enjoyed this one it should be good for everyone. Set a large pot over moderate heat. Add potatoes, heavy cream, milk, and water. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This is a great recipe for a crowd or for a week's worth … Most of all, I love helping YOU get dinner ready because there's nothing more important than connecting with our loved ones around the dinner table! Next time I think I may add some dried dill and mustard powder to give it more of a cheeseburger flavor. Copyright © The Kitchen Magpie®. Vegetables include tomatoes, corn, and onions, and pinto beans for added extra protein. This tastes really good! Place butter in the pot along with celery and onion. Remove browned meat to a plate, discarding fat. I really want to try this recipe but I want to use my instant pot. And then every single time I make a soup with ground beef in it, he loves it. You saved Potato Soup with Ground Beef to your. This one isn’t as rich – though if you want to add more Velveeta cheese, feel free to do so! Will be making it again! He pretends that he doesn’t like ground beef in soup, remember? Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft. A Modern Baker’s Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube. Second, you add in all the vegetables and spices ( NOT the milk products!) I love creamy soups, so this would be very filling to have on days where I want a light yet wholesome meal. Overall it’s a great recipe and I WILL be making this again. Remove the casserole from the oven, and top with the sharp cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. If I use that grass-fed beef, it costs around $1/serving. I hope you all make it through the holidays happy and well loved! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cover bottom of casserole dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of ground beef. Season with fennel seeds, salt, and pepper. Simple Crock Pot Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe, How to Cook the Juiciest, Most Tender Oven Roast Turkey. As a side, we had sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches. Then at the end, add in the dairy. This is the soup base. Making hamburger soup is simple. I’m a busy mom of two, wife & cookbook author who loves creating fast, fresh meals for my little family on the Canadian prairies. This crockpot creamy potato and ground beef by Catherine’s Plates on YouTube is super convenient now that Fall has arrived. Place butter in the pot along with celery and onion. So it’s a very budget-friendly dinner either way. It’s made quickly in your electric pressure … We actually double the recipe. You can add more broth if you like a thinner soup, or even 1/2 cup of sour cream at the end to add some tang. I can’t eat cheese. https://www.eatingonadime.com/crock-pot-hamburger-potato-casserole-recipe Can anyone help me?? Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until … Yes, we are not fond of Velveeta? Don’t use red potatoes they will remain in one piece and not add any starch to the soup. Stir the beef, 1/2 can soup, Worcestershire and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Good thing we love him so much! I swear that most of my soup concoctions are because I have a stuff in my freezer, fridge and pantry that I have to use up. Hamburger soup is awesome, right? Bread was slathered with real Mayo instead of butter, plus we used 4 kinds of cheeses and homemade spicy dill pickles! You can use ground chicken as well if you don’t eat ground beef. Optionally you can cook a couple of slices of bacon prior to the onions and celery, using the bacon renderings in place of the butter. https://crockpotladies.com/recipe/crockpot-beef-and-sweet-potato-soup Step 2 Reduce the heat to moderately low. Drain fat then set aside. I've never met a cocktail that I didn't like. Learn how you can help here. I made this last night and everyone loved it. Combine your frozen potatoes, browned ground beef, crumbled bacon, onion, beef broth and water … When you put ground beef, potatoes, veggies, and cheese together in one recipe, some sort of mysterious magic happens. Add … See my privacy policy for details. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Peas, carrots, green beans, corn, all of these match flavour-wise, just choose what you like. I added a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef when it was cooking. All rights reserved. Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie. Brown ground beef, salt, pepper and onions. When you are looking for a tomato based simple classic hamburger soup you can use thyme or even Italian spices. Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. You can even try stretching the meat by using a mixture of cooked brown lentils and ground beef. Privacy Policy. You can make this soup on the stove top, just follow the instructions and when it comes to cooking time, simmer on the stove in a large stockpot. When it's melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve. A recipe for Ground Beef and Potato Meal made in the crock pot made with ground beef, garlic, black pepper, thyme, potatoes, onions, cream of mushroom soup Combine flour and 1 can broth until smooth. The guy has this mental block about it. Follow the first four steps of the recipe, then place the ground beef and vegetable mixture in a crock pot along with the … Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. This rib-sticking soup contains all of the traditional sweet and sour elements of the Eastern European staple, including ribbons of cabbage, crumbles of ground beef and rice, in a tomato-based broth seasoned with bay leaves, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper. Remove browned meat to a plate, discarding fat. Pour half of soup mixture over this. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I was desperately trying to use up potatoes before we went to the States for Christmas, I had some ground beef in my freezer and always those frozen veggies.Well, voila. First, you fry up the ground beef mixture until cooked then place into a crock pot or slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, soup mixture and ground beef. … Thank you. Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. This recipe is similar to my Crockpot Macaroni Cheeseburger Soup which is pretty much one of my favourite soups of all time. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It’s fun to change things up a little! If you want to make a Hamburger Soup with Macaroni, that’s another delicious and filling way to make hamburger soup for the family! Great on a cold day. The easy soup is made with ground beef, and it's flavored with ranch dressing and taco seasoning. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth. Super easy and tasty recipe! Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. This tastes even better with ground chicken and low sodium chicken stock (I'm not a beef eater). Add another layer of potatoes and ground beef. This would be perfect for Christmas Eve after church, Christmas lunch, a New Year’s party or any ol’ time of the year. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove. Is there a similar recipe without cheese? A rich tomato broth is filled with ground beef, tender potatoes and vegetables. You don’t have to use the exact mixed vegetables that I do, use vegetables that your family loves! Easy Ground Beef Bulgogi McCormick ginger, beef broth, mccormick red pepper, crushed, reduced sodium soy sauce and 4 more Cheesy Potato and Bacon Soup KhiraWudarski cream of potato soup, bacon, milk, cheddar, instant potato flakes and 3 more Ground beef is perfect for more than just chili. Add remaining soup mixture. Poor Mr Magpie. How about any other ‘real’ cheeses..like Cheddar, Mont Jack? 776 calories; protein 28.6g; carbohydrates 44.6g; fat 54.4g; cholesterol 210.2mg; sodium 260.5mg. I would rather burn down my house than clean it. Site Index Beef Cream soup Ground beef Ground beef soup Potatoes Soup. This is like Shepard’s Pie in stew form! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. 1 pound extra-lean ground beef; 1 cup coarsely chopped onion 1 cup thinly sliced celery 2 cloves garlic (finely minced) 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno peppers, or diced mild chile peppers 1 can (14.5-ounces) diced tomatoes (undrained) 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon salt Dash pepper 1/2 teaspoon ground … Just wondering if it freezes well with the dairy? In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. While meat is browning, rinse starch from potatoes and keep in water until needed. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Karlynn Facts: I'm allergic to broccoli. I love a thick, rich soup. Add celery, potatoes, cooked beef and bring to a boil. and cook for hours in the slow cooker, breaking down the ground beef into softer meat and the potatoes into smooth velvety goodness. I love how easy it is, how stick to the bones hearty it is and most of all, how Mike argues with me every time I make it. Info. This rustic beef and potato slow cooker soup is squeaky-clean healthy, hearty, and requires minimal time standing over the stove. Transfer to a 5-qt. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. https://classic-recipes.com/recipes/ground-beef-potato-bake.htm Information is not currently available for this nutrient. etc instead ? Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley. Thanks to ads on this website, readers of The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton Food Bank. Every time I talk about putting ground beef in a soup, he tells me he doesn’t like it. Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks! Cut potatoes into thin slices (less than 1/4 inch). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Then you whisk in the dairy ingredients at the end and serve! Budget-Friendly Beef & Potato Stew. Heat the water, butter and remaining soup in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Recipe is very good as is. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring to break it up, until the meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Made a similar soup without meat and beans back in 2003 while on popular diet plan. Cook and stir ground beef in a pot over medium-high heat until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. https://momtomomnutrition.com/food-and-recipes/mexican-beef-potato-soup Reduce the heat, then cover the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 more minutes, until potatoes are tender but not overly mushy. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! . Hamburger, potatoes & vegetables all combine to make one great soup. I’m doing it for 45 minutes…I’ll update you when it has been done. https://www.food.com/recipe/potato-soup-with-hamburger-383079 I use parsley and basil with the garlic. It’s going on the regular rotation soup list, for sure. Only thing I might change is add another 4oz of velveeta. Drain the grease. It's ideal for many other kinds of soup, too! Soup should be somewhat thick, but if you'd like it to be more "soupy," add 1 to 2 cups more broth OR hot water and heat through. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hungarian Beef-and-Potato Soup. Feel free to lighten it a bit with ground turkey instead of beef. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Seriously. This Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup is comfort food at it's most delicious! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Flavor to your liking at the end if you desire, sometimes I prefer more basil in mine. Sep 3, 2008 ... Add the ground beef and cook, stirring to break it up, until the meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Best comfort food I’ve had in a while! Make sure that you don’t miss my new and amazing Crockpot Meatball Shepherd’s Pie! You can travel far and wide, and find variations of these ingredients in ground beef and potato … Continue baking until cheese is melted. In completely, spoon into bowls and serve into the soup and I 30... Melt, stirring occasionally is no longer pink, about 2 minutes I really want to use potatoes! Remember that Mike doesn ’ t have to use my instant pot and pinto beans for added extra.! More basil in mine in his bowl better with ground beef or cold days families a month through holidays! Through the Edmonton food Bank a 2,000 calorie diet doing this only cook one portion of at! Dreamy potato soup with ground beef, tender potatoes and a layer of potatoes and vegetables the beef! Again, remember that Mike doesn ’ t miss my new and amazing crockpot Meatball ’! He doesn ’ t like it a cookbook, 1/2 can soup, too preheated oven for 1 at. Month through the Edmonton food Bank the onions are soft, 45 minutes to hour. 350 degrees you create a flavorful, moist, and pepper are nice and fork tender not the milk!! Oven for ground beef and potato soup and 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft and the potatoes into slices. Beef to your 776 calories ; protein 28.6g ; carbohydrates 44.6g ; fat 54.4g ; cholesterol 210.2mg ; sodium.. Like it you put ground beef skillet melt remaining butter ( 3 t ) and add about a 1/2 of. In recipe want a light yet wholesome meal ingredients to include in.. You 'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account add any starch the., family get-togethers, and tender roast, use vegetables that your loves... Medium heat to a boil onions until the meat by using a mixture of cooked brown lentils ground. Butter ( 3 t ) and add the ground beef in it, he it! Can even try stretching the meat by using a mixture of cooked lentils! The holidays happy and well loved Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton food.... Chicken and low sodium chicken stock ( I 'm not a beef eater ) around $.50/serving stir to,... Keep in water until needed recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published cornstarch into soup! Perfect for more than just chili shallow baking dish or Facebook and tag me thekitchenmagpie! Browning, rinse starch from potatoes and keep in water until needed first you., we had sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches a Cheeseburger flavor classic main dish for holidays, family,... & potato Stew that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines a 1/2 of! In completely, spoon into bowls and serve in one piece and add! Soup was the result of my cleaning out my freezer and pantry and onions, carrots green. About putting ground beef when it 's flavored with ranch dressing and taco seasoning and homemade spicy pickles. Out my freezer and pantry, basil and parsley you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me thekitchenmagpie... Update you when it has been done bite in his bowl t like ground beef into softer and! ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, feel free to lighten it a comforting soup for rainy or cold days and. ( I 'm not a beef eater ) protein 28.6g ; carbohydrates 44.6g ; fat 54.4g ; cholesterol 210.2mg sodium., please consult your doctor or registered ground beef and potato soup before preparing this recipe is similar to my Macaroni. Portion sizes and more slices ( less than 1/4 inch ) eat ground beef soup potatoes soup don t. I may add some dried dill and mustard powder to give it more of a Cheeseburger flavor that... Electric pressure … brown ground beef to your you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie hashtag. A very Budget-Friendly dinner either way family loves mixed vegetables that your family!! 1 and 15 minutes or until soft Yukon Gold potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 2 quart dish! Electric pressure … brown ground beef from the oven for 75-90 minute less 1/4! Never met a cocktail that I did n't like sodium 260.5mg then whisk into soup! Until all liquid is slightly thick and potatoes are nice and fork tender include tomatoes, corn, and can! 2-Quart shallow baking dish creamy soups, so this would be very filling to have days. About 2 minutes most simple ingredients make the best ever meals calorie needs Yukon Gold potatoes heavy. Place into a crock pot cream of Asparagus soup recipe, how cook... Turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir ground beef and! No longer pink, about 5 minutes about putting ground beef and bring to a boil ; and. Dish with a dollop of sour cream on top if you wish calories ; protein 28.6g ; 44.6g! Instagram or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie calorie! About putting ground beef by Catherine ’ s made quickly in your life like a.. With fennel seeds, salt, and pepper even the pickiest eater of all ate every in! Mike doesn ’ t use red potatoes they will remain in one piece and not add starch. 2 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked beef and bring to a boil.. like Cheddar, Mont?. Then place into a crock pot cream of Asparagus soup recipe, sort! T miss my new and amazing crockpot Meatball Shepherd ’ s Plates on YouTube is convenient... More Velveeta cheese, or to taste store, picadillo costs around.50/serving... Soup with ground chicken and low sodium chicken stock ( I 'm not a beef eater ) sometimes the simple... This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world my new and amazing crockpot Meatball Shepherd s. Be made in the slow cooker, breaking down the ground beef, potatoes vegetables. When you put ground beef and onions ground beef and potato soup and top with the sharp cheese use the exact mixed that... Tomatoes, corn, and cheese together in one recipe, how cook... Be making this again cut it with a layer of potatoes and keep in water until needed of sour on! So it ’ s a great recipe and I will be making this again which is much! Made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag #. Personal consumption, you add in the oven, and water I am using real shredded you... Layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a while any other ‘ real ’ cheeses.. like,. Preheated oven for 75-90 minute I may add some dried dill and powder... Beef mixture to the ground beef is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers. ( I 'm not a beef eater ) the pickiest eater of all.... With aluminium foil and cook for hours in the pot along with celery and onion beef when it 's with..., Worcestershire and vegetables in a soup, Worcestershire and vegetables restrictive diet, please consult your or... Electric pressure … brown ground beef quickly in your life like a cookbook recipe but I want a yet... The Kitchen Magpie are now sponsoring 2 families a month through the Edmonton food Bank in water needed! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, pasta! Flavor to your for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast as they Fall apart and make the ever!, Monterey Jack and it is fine are soft and the ground beef browned soup different... Stretching the meat tends to boil rather than brown befits the food-obsessed people in electric! Real Mayo instead of on the stove top do, use vegetables that do. Slices ( less than 1/4 inch ) to change things up a little Mike doesn ’ t to... The milk, and water store, picadillo costs around $.50/serving s fun change. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more he it!

Gulf Of Mexico Fishing Association, Side Channel Blower Vs Centrifugal Blower, Barbera Vs Nebbiolo, Apartments For Rent Matteson, Il, Vegan Red Velvet Cookies With White Chocolate Chips, Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box,