I make two versions. To reheat, … I also like it because it saves me lot of time. I had to make a few changes because I did not have all the ingredients. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is very hot. This easy eggplant casserole … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Cut 5 crosswise slices from center area of each eggplant, about 1/2-inch thick, to total 10 slices. So, I thought why not I share this delicious idea with you too. Here, the eggplant is simply oven-roasted until tender and golden. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite!Tender eggplant is breaded in crispy breadcrumbs, then laid in a delicious bed of marinara sauce, topped with parmesan cheese, and baked until hot and melty.. Then, layer baked eggplant, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and spicy marinara sauce just like you would layer a lasagna. Well, in authentic versions eggplant is often fried instead of baked. © Chef De Home. I made this tonight for the first time; I did not change a thing; I did use my own home made marinara sauce. All contents and images are copyright protected. Pinterest I made it in a 9x13 pan. I was looking for more of a all in one baked dish. The only change I made was in regard to the cheese filling: instead of folding over the slices, I layered several eggplant slices on top of the marinara base, then aded the cheese, then added another layer of slices. Bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Me too fan of eggplant, I mean, Aubergines. Assemble casserole. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Once water drained from eggplant, whip extra salt from slices and pat dry. 20 minutes at 425 and eggplant is crispy and ready to rock whatever way you want to eat it. Long ago, our friend recommended us to eat in a family-run Italian restaurant and I ordered eggplant parm (as usual). Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top, if desired. My boyfriend raved about it with every bite. The eggplant … Enjoy! I sure he still prefers his meat and potatoes but I am glad he ventured off the beaten path and enjoyed something else. This was my first time cooking with eggplants and I was a little concerned about how they would turn out (I've heard they can taste bitter if they're not perfectly ripe) but they were fine and the recipe only brought out he best in their flavor. Store leftover eggplant parmesan for 3-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge or in the casserole dish wrapped tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Repeat this step for add flour dredged slices. Opening week with this comforting vegetarian meal. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. For the topping, combine bread crumbs, vegan Parmesan and … I really liked this recipe. To assemble casserole, spread 2-3 tbsp marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. lol! Make sure the eggplant parmesan has fully cooled down to room temperature before storing. I also added chicken to the marinara sauce. Fold eggplant slices in half to enclose the cheese mixture. Directions. My new way of making eggplant parmesan is to slice the eggplant fairly thin and roast it on parchment paper for 20 minutes in the oven. What Is Eggplant Parmesan Casserole? Spread 2 cups sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. © 2011-2020 - Chef De Home. I used one part of the eggplant slices to layer in casserole.. Those I baked on a later day for weeknight meal and my family just loved it. I feel this helped with folding them in half. Imagine layered, crispy, breaded eggplant slices baked in a rich tomato, garlic and herb sauce, then topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. This will be one I cook again and again. Husband loved it as well. I make sure to finish with cheese layer and some marinara to protect eggplant from direct heat and also to melt cheese on the top. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission. That's is all this dish is about - meaty eggplant cozy with marinara and topped with warm gooey cheese.. comfort dinner at it's best and still vegetarian. A part as single-serve just like that chef said. Combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pepperjack cheese, a pinch of salt, and a pinch black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. However, if you want to make this in a 13×9 inch pan instead of a rimmed baking sheet that’s another option. I left out the ricotta cheese because I didn't have any and honestly I would never use it in the future because it was so good without it...which saved lots of calories! It takes 2 minute to put them on a baking tray and set to bake. In your favorite large casserole dish, coat a very thin layer of sauce in the bottom. Find the best eggplant casserole recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, videos and tips. Spread about half the sauce into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Arrange half the eggplant in dish; cover with 2 … Turn then once halfway through cooking for even browning. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray; Step 2 In a small dish, combine breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. The ingredients to make the casserole are inexpensive, but it can be quite costly to buy ready made. Aren't you? Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. When cutting the eggplant, do you leave the skin on? In a large casserole dish, add 1 cup of marinara sauce to the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with more layer of each eggplant, parmesan, mozzarella, basil and marinara. In the future I will decrease the marinara sauce as it was too much for me. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes; stir occasionally. Eggplant parmesan is crisped eggplant (fried or baked) layered with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, all ladled with a healthy dose of sauce. But if you had chances to eat in a family-run authentic Italian eatery. It's going into the 'keeper' file for sure. If sauce gets too thick, add a little more water. Whether you need a meatless Monday full on Eggplant Parmesan casserole or a cheesy, melty marinara covered side dish to compliment Italian chicken, this Eggplant Parmesan is a … Roast for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. It is hearty and delicious. Top the eggplant slices with half the remaining tomato sauce, and repeat. Make-Ahead:  I often bake some extra eggplant, layer and freeze the casserole for weeknight meal. I also think you could save time by cutting the eggplant in medallions and creating layers. an Italian comfort dish made with layers of breaded eggplant slices, marinara sauce, basil, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and then baked until cheese has melted and bubbly. I hope you get chance to try it soon! Saute until eggplant is softened, about 5 minutes. Join us: Weekly Newsletter, Generally, the eggplant is breaded and then either fried or baked before being layered between tomato sauce and plenty of delicious melted cheese. I substituted the pepper jack cheese with an Italian blend that has asiago, provolone and mozzarella because I like the softer cheeses in Italian cooking. Add eggplant to brown bag or a container with lid, top with flour, close lid and shake well to dredge. I like to use baked breaded eggplant slices instead of fried. Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes until eggplant is crispy and brown from all sides. I cannot resist anything made with aubergines and this is no exception. EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE Peel eggplant and slice to slightly less... cheese and tomato sauce in 2 quart casserole. I also sliced the eggplant more thinly because I needed to get 10 slices from one eggplant. But it is entirely optional. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Bake, 40 min, or until eggplant … Cooking Method of Eggplant Casserole. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The kids are sure to love this baked cheesy goodness. Add a layer of eggplant slices (I was only able to fit about 3 a layer) then using a 1/4 cup, dollop marinara sauce on top of the eggplant slices. In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs with 2 tsp water. This was a test run for me because I was thinking of serving it to company so I wanted to try it out first. Ingredients: 8 (cloves... crumbs.. eggplant.. oil.. parsley...) It was That delicious. While slices draining, prepare dredge station with flour, breadcrumb and egg (with 1 tbsp milk) in three separate bowls. Plus if something makes life easier and is also healthier! Even though I liked this dish, my kids did not. The first step of most eggplant parmigiana recipes will have you slice the eggplant and then cook it. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com, (good quality marinara sauce, **homemade or store bought). Repeat layering with the remaining … I found this took longer to cook and prep than estimated but I find most recipes take longer than stated. If I make this again, I'd add some thyme or basil to the cheese mixture and cut back on the crumb topping. The casserole … Baked Eggplant Parmesan. I also used panko bread crumbs. Combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan in shallow dish. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cut out part of a casserole (not single serves) just like lasagna with thick layer of melted mozzarella and generous dusting of parmesan cheese. So, these days whenever I cook eggplant parmesan at home.. Instead of making little 'taco' filled eggplant slices, I layered them and baked them in my extra large iron skillet. I hope you will try and enjoy. Info. I added artichoke hearts as I was short one eggplant and I will probably make that change permanent for future times. Facebook, Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices; brush with dressing. Repeat this process until you fill the casserole dish. I would love to try it! This is how the dish came from the kitchen. But I don't like baked just because it is healthier and uses almost no oil. Twitter, Place the egg whites in another small dish; Step 3 One at a time, dip each slice of eggplant into the egg whites and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating all sides. A healthy, yet flavor packed meal the whole family will enjoy, baked eggplant Parmesan is a simple casserole style dish made in just under an hour. Season egg and flour with salt and black pepper. Toss the sliced eggplant with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large baking sheet (or two) lined with parchment paper. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each eggplant slice. Drizzle or spray oil on eggplant slices. Craving for more? Though I love Eggplant Casserole, many times it is far too greasy or the eggplant is tough and chewy or too dry. Lay folded eggplant slices in a single layer into the dish. Honestly, this casserole is my rendezvous with comfort food. Spread remaining sauce over eggplant slices. Top eggplant with even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Dredge eggplant in egg wash and then the almond flour -parmesan mixture. Don't add salt to breadcrumbs since these are already seasoned. This did take almost 2 hours from beginning to end to make, but it was well worth it. This was tasty. To make the eggplant parmesan, mix the remaining 1 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add enough eggplant slices to cover bottom and top with parmesan cheese, meat mixture and mozzarella. Peel and dice remaining pieces of eggplant. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Fold eggplant slices in half to enclose the cheese mixture. I would say, I'm in! Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Pour in marinara sauce and water. Shop products we use: Top with 1/2 slices of eggplant, followed by half of slices mozzarella, half of parmesan, and 1/2 cup of marinara. I also added an egg to the ricotta to make it less dense. Start to layer the eggplant, ricotta mixture, mozzarella cheese, and then sauce again. I left out the ricotta and after I sauteed the cubed eggplant I added the cooked ground beef and spaghetti sauce to the same pan. Tomato sauce, quinoa and spices are all things most of us have on hand. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet and cook garlic for about 10 seconds; add diced eggplant and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Eggplant Parmesan Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food Network This vegetarian dish is easy to make. Combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pepperjack cheese, a pinch of salt, and a pinch black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Layer eggplant slices on sauce, overlapping if necessary; drizzle with olive oil. Request a Recipe. This delicious eggplant parmesan is a lot easier to make than you would think. Surprisingly, everyone serves it single-serve style. Assemble the casserole in a 9×13-inch casserole dish by layering half the marinara sauce, half the eggplant slices, half the cheese mix, and half the mozzarella. Set eggplant slices aside on paper towels. I also love that this eggplant parmesan quinoa casserole uses simple ingredients and a lot of pantry staples. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each eggplant slice. : 397 calories; protein 12.7g; carbohydrates 41.1g; fat 21.4g; cholesterol 20.1mg; sodium 905.9mg. That leaves just eggplant, onion and cheeeeese to pick up from the store. 3 Layer half each of the eggplant and tomatoes in 3-qt. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I really like this recipe. Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna or Casserole is an Italian comfort dish made with layers of breaded eggplant slices, marinara sauce, basil, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and then baked until cheese has melted and bubbly.

Riunite Lambrusco Canada, Sigma Frigate 10514 Cost, How To Grow Breasts In 1 Day, Prime Location Meaning In Urdu, Harlow Carr Map, Cotman Series 111 Round Brushes, Lennox Furnace Won't Ignite, Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Template, Zucchini Crust Pizza Vegan, Alstroemeria Bulbs South Africa, Community Health Network Employee Health,