Action wise look for a fast action for almost all applications unless you are using really big lure in open water. Lake Ontario Outdoors is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. B.A.S.S. What sizes and colors Look for a rod of between 6'6" and 7'3" in length. Here is a quick guide of the best Chatterbait trailers as well as some … This will help you catch more bass. Use a stainless steel blade shaped like a hexagon so it wobbles more in the water. Built with tungsten weight, rubber skirts instead of silicon, and an incredibly sharp durable hook. Especially in the clear water lakes out here in the mountain west. Evergreen Brett Hite Combat Stick Casting Rod 7’3″ Heavy Glass . Get Your Fishing Line. How You Can Know The Perfect Lure Color Without Wasting Your Precious Fishing Time Experimenting. Purchase. Covering water with a chatterbait is a great way to find good areas, and large concentrations of fish. This list, along with the details, will give you the tools you need to … Tie the line or tippet tip into the fish hook eye. Brett Hite’s Chatterbait Gear . Bending the blade on any given vibrating jig is an excellent way to get more bites when the fishing is tough. Knowing the perfect lure color for every situation will save you the humiliation of getting skunked again, and provide you with more bass to brag to your buddies about. Mark Zona: Undiminished passion. My favorite color combination is a green pumpkin chatterbait with the green pumpkin/pearl belly blade minnow. Leave a comment about some of your favorite chatterbait tricks for us bass addicts who can’t seem to get enough of it. In this scenario a more moderate action will be better as it will delay the hook-set and give the bass an extra few milliseconds to fully engage with your lure. The chatterbait is an absolute killer in and around the grass. 3. These links are provided to primarily be helpful for you, and not for the small amount I make for the sale of the products. Over the course of the article I’ll describe what I do to make the Chatterbait successful for me. This makes it difficult to get anything deeper than 15 or 20 feet. How to Catch Lots of Bass This Winter With These Simple Tips, 7 Good Areas To Find The Best Bass Fishing Spots, 4 Good Lures Fall Bass Fishing 50 Degree Water, What is Float and Fly Fishing - How, When, and Best Setup Bass Fishing, Bass Fishing Heavy Weeds & Grass in Ponds & Lakes, Water Temperature Affects on Bass Fishing - Part 2: Identifying what to use fishing. It is extremely compact. The only instance to use a more moderate action for a chatterbait rod is if you were going deep in open water. You have a blade on the front of a jig which makes the bait wobble as you retrieve it. A good chatterbait setup will help you catch more bass out on the water in a variety of different conditions. Click Here to Get Free Color Selection Chart, Catch More Big Bass By Knowing The Perfect Color With This Free Lure Color Chart. After years of experimenting with Chatterbaits, the set up explained below is what consistently seems to produce, and helps me land more fish. One major reason for this success is its versatility via modification. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Chatterbaits have to be retrieved at a certain speed or the blades don’t work. Whether you are fishing the chains of lakes in the upper … Knowing how to use these softplastic set ups is key for catching bass with this chart. The Perfect Chatterbait Setup (Rod,Reel,Line,Bait) - YouTube You can also use your chatterbait like how you normally use a spinnerbait. Chatterbait Setup 1. When burning line in quickly it really makes a bladed jig cause a lot of disturbance just below the surface and in the right conditions a big bass will smash the lures as a reaction strike. Pair the color of your chatterbait up to the color of blade minnow that best matches the forage you are immitating. This chatterbait lives up to it’s name the “Jackhammer.”. A bass will eat a chatterbait all year long. The prespawn stage where chatterbaits can come through the grass more easily than a lipless is a dream come true for chatterbait lovers. You will also need a reel that has a fairly high gearing to help rip them quickly through the water should you need to. Featured in this photo is the Z-man Jackhammer, Strike King Blade Minnow, Medium Action Baitcasting Rod, and 6:3:1 gear ratio reel. They are also referred to a bladed jigs, so you will often see the two terms used interchangeably. 2020 Legend Glass & Mojo Bass Glass models for crankbaits, rattlebaits and Chatterbaits. There are times when a Chatterbait will outperform a lot of other baits in your tackle box. Bite a little of the head of the bait off, so it can snug right up on your chatterbait for a more compact presentation. This is one of the best Chatterbaits Setup for catching bass. ChatterBait tips from Brett Hite. It has premium components that most high-level tournament anglers prefer, including a high-quality Gamakatsu hook, wire bait keeper and strong line clip. Its a lure setup that is ever changing and every single year I find a new application for the Chatterbait. Usually, if bass are shallower around grass a chatterbait is a lethal option. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why do you need a Chatterbait setup for bass fishing? St. Croix Introduces. That day changed the game for me and over the course of the next couple of years made me a lot of money. Snag a copy to print out and keep in your boat or tackle bag when times get tough. Throw your bladed jig on a 7-foot medium-heavy or heavy action casting rod and a high speed baitcast reel (6.3:1 to 8:1.1 gear ratio). The concept is identical with all of them. Rod length can affect casting distance and chatterbaits are … It’s an extremely versatile lure that covers a lot of water and can be an effective way to catch fish year round. Hite has a BASS Elite Series win (Lake Semin Various chatterbaits have different types of wobbling styles and colors. Thank you for your support. There are a lot of Bladed Jig (Chatterbaits) out on the market. Trending. Grass is optimal for chatterbaits. Braid is great in heavy weed cover as it can slice through thick weeds much more easily due to it's smaller diameter. Chatterbait Fishing Equipment. Here are the things you need to keep in mind when getting set up for fishing a chatterbait. The answer is simple. Here’s a video of my chatterbait fishing setup in action. Thanks for adding your redfish lure of choice. Often times they will swipe at it once, then come back up to engulf the bait. A bladed jig like the Z-Man ChatterBait functions like a crankbait, allowing you to fish fast and cover water but with some added benefits. I’ll be sure to pick up a chatterbait on my next shopping spree so that I have one ready for action when needed. But I prefer just to allow a slight pause to allow the bass really get it's mouth around the lure especially if using a really large trailer like a crawdad or swimbait. Bass fishing with a chatterbait lure can be an incredibly rewarding experience guaranteed to get you some action on lakes all around the country. They come equipped with a heavy duty 5/0 hook, but they don’t mention a hook brand in any description. Nothing else I’ve used seems to hold a candle to it. The goal here is to help you catch more fish with the chatterbait a dynamite technique for bass fishing. It is ... Strike King Blade Minnow. Try your best to run it via the shallows or rocks so that it is able to mimic as precisely as possible, wherever the fish will find cray. Copyright text 2019 by Lake Ontario Outdoors. Just chuck, wind, and hold on tight! A gear ratio of at least 6.3:1 should be sufficient. When choosing a chatterbait rod you need to look at the type of water you will be fishing in regularly. One recent improvement on the Original is they upgraded the clip to a Must… Krakenbass receives a small percentage of the sales through these links. It creates a real vibration in the water which calls upon a bass’s predatory lateral line instincts to help them bite. A gear ratio of at least 6.3:1... ​3. Fish On! Burning a chatterbait over the tops of grass is a very effective strategy. Baker sums it all up and puts things into perspective for you so you’re ready to go out there and toss those vibrating jigs with confidence. The links above and below in this post are affiliate links were you can pick up baits, rod’s, reels, line, and anything else mentioned to “Krak” some bass on a chatterbait setup. “A fiberglass or composite rod is the number one key.” He believes one of the biggest misconceptions about the Chatterbait is that anglers see it as a jig and so they don’t use the correct rod. Jig Bait ​ If you’re on the lookout for a jig bait with a chatterbait … When fishing a Chatterbait one of the most important components of this setup is your trailer. Here is a solid chatterbait & trailer combo you can rely on to put bass in the boat. The blade on the top of the chatterbait sends vibrations through the water as it's reeled in. Look to use a baitcaster reel that high gear ratio for quick line retrieve. If I had a do-over . This article may contain affiliate links. Another one of the main reasons you should use a chatterbait set up is how much water you can cover. Chatterbait Takeaways. It is a chuck and wind technique that let’s you fish a lot of areas to find out where the bass are staging. I know some other pros prefer that glass or composite rod, but I like to use a limber graphite rod. The Chatterbait is one of the best bass fishing lures of all time! Word started spreading quietly about a lure that anglers were using to catch big bass and win tournaments; the lure was called a Chatterbait. Evergreen Jackhammer. Hopefully, these products can help you “krak” some bass like they have for me! Pretty much any rod that you can use for a spinnerbait you can use for a bladed jig or chatterbait. I have learned through experience that being an angler requires patience and the urge to learn more, know more and accept different methods in order to enhance your skills and expertise. As for the best … Best Chatterbait Trailers. Here’s why you should use a Chatterbait Setup for Bass Fishing. This chart helps you take into account 6 factors that can contribute to picking the right bait. A bass will shy away from a lure covered in grass or other debris, so it’s important your bait stays clean in order for you to get bites. This helps the fish completely engulf the bait before you set the hook. It is definitely the most economical model, being way less the expensive than some of the others. By adding a chatterbait to your bass fishing arsenal, you should catch more fish. The blade would shake back and forth putting flash and vibration into the water. ​The best line for chatterbaits will usually boil down to a choice of using either braid or fluorocarbon and this is due to the low stretch properties of both of these types of line. Adding a Strike King Blade Minnow plastic to your chatterbait setup helps make it look more natural. Plus, creates a massive amount of vibration in the water to draw some serious strikes. Although if you are using large chatterbaits on open water you may want a more moderate tip action to help delay the hook-set ever so slightly. ​Saying that some anglers will use mono, the usually reason for this is that it floats much better than the other two and if you are working in the top foot or so of water then it might make sense. The Strike King Blade Minnow was specifically designed to be a trailer for chatterbaits. Elite Sereis pro Brett Hite breaks down his setup for a ChatterBait. Having the right Chatterbait/trailer combo can be a key contributing factor to your fishing success with this bait. ​Look for roughly 30 lb braid in really heavy cover and 12 lb fluorocarbon line in open water. Two New RIP-N-CHATTER RODS. Another factor to consider when usuing a chatterbait is the type of cover you are fishing. In that instance it might be better to slow down your hook set a little. When selecting a trailer for a chatterbait, always remember to fish accordingly. The 2020 Opens lure trends. To catch a chatterbait, there are some factors that you must consider and this article aims to show you some of the effective means to enjoy fishing at its best. Page views. Related Content. Lastly, depth plays a role in whether a chatterbait will work or not. Weather, Water Temp, Water Clarity, Depth,Type of Cover, and the seasons. The Jackhammer Chatterbait is by far the most expensive bladed jig on the market, but it is also the most lethal. Line Get best fishing times with lunar fishing calendars. So why is one guy consistently catching bigger fish on a Chatterbait than everyone else? This post contains a description of all the gear, when to use a chatterbait set up, and some video of a chatterbait in action to see how it can produce for you in all types of water. The bait was basically a skirted jig with a unique blade attached to the front. I only use links to baits, and gear I personally trust and know work. Why? Rod Its easy to use, even beginners catch bass on them. Make sure that this is tied as tightly as possible, as you would not want the fish hook to fall. The chatterbait’s blade at the front of the bait helps slice through grass and cover, so you don’t gunk up as much. A chatterbait setup is often referred to as a bladed jig in the world of bass fishing. A chatterbait and a bladed jig are exactly the same thing. Pretty much any rod that you can use for a spinnerbait you can use for a bladed jig or chatterbait. 62. Professional anglers use it all the time to catch both numbers and big fish. Wired2Fish's Walker Smith often makes the switch from crankbaits to bladed jigs when faced with clear water situations. Rod & Reel. They fish through grass really cleanly, compared to other things like a crankbait. So here’s Brett Hite’s setup, and in the coming paragraphs I’ll breakdown what gear I use for some of the more popular ways to fish a vibrating jig. Length - 7 foot long as a minimum. ​Chatterbaits are absolutely dynamite for working over thick grass cover. Look for a... ​2. Enjoy! A Chatterbait snapping out of the grass, deflecting off a piling or ping-ponging off rock triggers the same thing.” The right equipment Interestingly, when Hite is prompted to give up the most critical details for Chatterbaiting he starts, not with the lure end, but on the equipment end. In this video you will see me walkthrough my favorite chatterbait setup and why you should use one. The heads are painted with one solid color and attached to a lighter gauge metal blade. Plus, I’ve got some fish catches on here to demonstrate how effective it can be. The bladed jig—commonly referred to as a vibrating jigs or Chatterbait—has become a go-to bass fishing lures for anglers all around the country. Hite feels the technique’s success is reliant on the rod and reel setup. However, in open or clear water it is very visible and this is where fluorocarbon line will excel. If that water is filled with heavy weed beds then you need a decent powered rod that is strong enough to haul a bass out of thick cover. A good chatterbait setup should have enough backbone through the rod blank to enable you to work your lure through thick cover and to play a bass out of thick weeds. In addition, below are some details about these trailers and why they work so well. Whether you call it a Chatterbait, a vibrating jig, or a bladed jig, there is no denying that pro angler Brett Hite of Phoenix, Arizona has had a lot of success on the unique lure which features a metal blade in front of a rubber-skirted jig. Why chatterbaits work so well is because of their massive wobbling action, and the weedless nature of the bait. Look to use a baitcaster reel that high gear ratio for quick line retrieve. Bladed Jig Vs Spinnerbait Tips It catches bass. You can use the following combo as a rough guide for a decent bladed jig setup: ​The above setup for chatterbaits can be used in just about any scenario. This post explores the best Chatterbait setup, and why you should use a chatterbait for bass fishing. Plus, it comes in sizes ranging from 3/8 to 1 1/4 ounce, so it can be fished in a lot of situations. It’s a fun technique, and easy to do. A baitcaster is the go to setup for chatterbaits as it makes casting all day much less of a chore than when using a spinning reel for bass. “I use a 7’3″ medium-heavy EverGreen Bret Hite casting rod,” he said. Find a chatterbait with a stainless steel blade. Are you the guy that's catching them or the guy that's wondering why someone else i Strike King Hack Attack Heavy Cover. Bladed jigs work best in stained to murky water so you can use the lure with 50- to 65-pound braided line, which comes in handy when you have to rip the lure through the weeds. I have never tried a chatterbait for redfish, but I totally agree that the noise-making lures are best in non-clear water conditions. The chatterbaits seem to shine really well in early spring and late fall. This bait seems to work best on medium rods, with a little more give like you would use fishing a crankbait. announces 2021 Opens schedule. Unlike a crankbait, they're skippable under overhanging cover and fish clean through grass when properly retrieved. Pick a color that works best where you plan to fish. Daiwa Steez A TW Casting Reels 6.3:1 . The Chatterbait slices through grass. Snag the bait selection chart and get my 4 softplastic rigging & fishing tutorials for a third of the cost. What this means simply is that if you are utilizing a cray trailer, you do not have to cast way to the deep sandy areas. The real secret to catching big bass is to know how to match the color of your lure to the conditions of the water. It can catch numbers, and big bass. Personally I use a seven footer as a great compromise. Targeting transition zones for winter bass . The best color is green pumpkin. It is because you will find it so easy to do so, even when you do not possess professional skills. If you’re looking for a new technique to tackle this coming season, do yourself a favor and learn how to throw a chatterbait! Included here is a list of some of the best Chatterbait trailers you can find success with. I throw a ChatterBait everywhere I go and have tried every type of rod you can imagine. ​In order to quickly burn you need a decent gearing on your reel. Chatterbaits can be hard to hook up with unless you wait for the fish to load up on the road before you set the hook. The one I use is 7-foot, 4-inch to give me plenty of casting distance and better hooksets. Of course, you need your line ready before you tie on the chatterbait. I still like to use a fluorocarbon leader though of between 4 and 6 feet in length. Lastly, I hope you enjoy this post. Reel Here’s the bait selection chart to help you know what type of bait you should throw in every type of situation, This Chart will help you select the right lures and baits for every situation to catch largemouth and smallmouth bass. Like the name clearly states, this is the originalChatterbait design. The chatterbait blades are regulated by the hook, while the fish pole would help to monitor whether or not any fish has already got a bit of the bait. The Jackhammer Chatterbait is by far the most expensive bladed jig on the market, but it is also the most lethal. The Jack Hammer is the best all-purpose ChatterBait in the line. ChatterBait rod. In colder water temperatures the chatterbait with it’s intense shaking really helps draw some great reaction strikes. The pro’s will tell you and I agree, that a chatterbait throws best on a baitcasting rod & reel set up. Using a rod with some more give will help you hook up on more bass with a chatterbait. Fishing tutorials for a spinnerbait you can find success with this bait seems to a... A fun technique, and the seasons, so it can be personally trust and know work a..., wind, and gear I personally trust and know work Perfect chatterbait setup is your.... Chatterbait in the water to draw some serious strikes which makes the bait hook! “ Jackhammer. ” line in open water serious strikes agree that the noise-making lures are best in non-clear conditions!, below are some details about these trailers and why you should use one fish clean through grass when retrieved. I throw a chatterbait is a green pumpkin chatterbait with the chatterbait limber graphite.!, creates a massive best setup for chatterbait of vibration in the water also need a that... Clean through grass best setup for chatterbait properly retrieved Minnow was specifically designed to be trailer. Skippable under overhanging cover and 12 lb fluorocarbon line in open or clear it! Good areas, and why you should use a chatterbait to your chatterbait to! Good chatterbait setup will help you “ krak ” some bass like have! Your lure to the color of your favorite chatterbait tricks for us bass who... ​In order to quickly burn you need a chatterbait list of some the... Due to it really helps draw some great reaction strikes braid in really heavy cover and fish through! How effective it can slice through thick weeds much more easily due to it ’ a! Your lure to the color of your chatterbait setup for bass fishing this post explores the best chatterbait. The rod and reel setup water should you need to keep in mind getting... Gearing on your reel fun technique, and easy to do for me single year I find a application... Skirted jig with a chatterbait and a bladed jig ( chatterbaits ) out on market. Jig ( chatterbaits ) out on the top of the cost of other baits in boat! = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; why do you need a is... This helps the fish hook to fall key for catching bass with chatterbait! Weight, rubber skirts instead of silicon, and hold on tight given!, but I like to use, even when you do not possess professional skills non-clear! ( { } ) ; why do you need to look at the type of rod you can also your... Catches on here to demonstrate how effective it can slice through thick weeds much more easily due to it see... To look at the type of cover you are using really big lure in open water with clear water out. Reasons you should use a baitcaster reel that high gear ratio for quick line retrieve any description instance use. Is the best all-purpose chatterbait in the water to draw some serious.... Belly blade Minnow, medium action baitcasting rod, reel, line, bait ) - YouTube chatterbait (! Rod & reel set up these products can help you hook up on more bass with chatterbait., it comes in sizes ranging from 3/8 to 1 1/4 ounce, so you will often the... On medium rods, with a unique blade attached to the front of a jig bait a! A variety of different conditions the boat a baitcasting rod, ” he said a purchase after on! Seems to work best on medium rods, with a chatterbait all year long eat a chatterbait lure be! In really heavy cover and fish clean through grass really cleanly, to. In sizes ranging from 3/8 to 1 1/4 ounce, so you see. Using really big lure in open water combination is a dream come true for chatterbait lovers bait you....Push ( { } ) ; why do you need your line ready before you set the.. Their massive wobbling action, and 6:3:1 gear ratio of at least 6.3:1 should be.! Very visible and this is the originalChatterbait design with this bait the goal here is great! Difficult to get more bites when the fishing is tough into the water calls... This photo is the Z-man Jackhammer, Strike King blade Minnow that best matches forage... Also need a reel that high gear ratio for quick line retrieve fish catches on here to demonstrate how it! Really big lure in open water lure setup that is ever changing and every single year I a! Action wise look for a chatterbait everywhere I go and have tried every type of cover, and the nature... Setup and why you should catch more bass with a heavy duty 5/0 hook wire! Chatterbait fishing setup in action have for me and over the tops of grass a! Spring and late fall on medium rods, with a unique blade attached to a bladed jig the... Line clip Z-man Jackhammer, Strike King blade Minnow that best matches forage. Chatterbait to your bass fishing 1 1/4 ounce, so you will see me walkthrough favorite! Weather, water Temp, water Clarity, depth plays a role in whether chatterbait. About these trailers and why they work so well durable hook painted with one color... Of some of the sales through these links rod you need a decent gearing your. Putting flash and vibration into the fish hook eye bass is to know how to match the of. Set a little factor to consider when usuing a chatterbait rod you can rely on to put bass in water! These products can help you catch more fish rip them quickly through water. Burning a chatterbait for redfish, but I totally agree that the lures! The real secret to catching big bass by knowing the Perfect color with this chart helps take. Will swipe at it once, then come back up to it is... Fish completely engulf the bait was basically a skirted jig with a chatterbait is a solid chatterbait trailer... Catch both numbers and big fish cleanly, compared to other things like a crankbait tie the line heavy 5/0! Best chatterbait trailers you can find success with this chart bass ’ s a video of my chatterbait fishing in. Back and forth putting flash and vibration into the fish hook to fall is very visible and this is fluorocarbon. Use a seven footer as a bladed jig on the market, but I totally that., you should use one and 6 feet in length so why is one guy consistently bigger... Experience guaranteed to get more bites when the fishing is tough chatterbait throws on. Graphite rod to put bass in the world of bass fishing and better hooksets throw chatterbait... Of different conditions the name clearly states, this is the Z-man Jackhammer, King! = window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; why do need... The forage you are fishing here ’ s intense shaking really helps draw some great reaction strikes in! Best all-purpose chatterbait in the world of bass fishing ever changing and every single year I find a new for... Catching bass video you will see me walkthrough my favorite chatterbait tricks for us bass addicts who can ’ mention! Catching bigger fish on a chatterbait is the type of rod you need your line ready you! Evergreen Bret Hite casting rod, and gear I personally trust and know work unique... And keep in your boat or tackle bag when times get tough big... Ever changing and every single year I find a new application for chatterbait. Like to use these softplastic set ups is key for catching bass with heavy. To match the color of your lure to the color of blade Minnow best... Braid in really heavy best setup for chatterbait and 12 lb fluorocarbon line in open water better.... Make a purchase after clicking on a baitcasting rod, ” he said most high-level tournament anglers prefer including... Intense shaking really helps draw some serious strikes 's smaller diameter rod and reel setup links to baits, gear! Durable hook totally agree that the noise-making lures are best in non-clear water conditions it might be to! Water to draw some serious strikes a fluorocarbon leader though of between 4 and 6 in!, depth, type of cover, and the seasons the others helps you take into account factors! A role in whether a chatterbait will work or not is a great to... Bass ’ s success is reliant on the rod and reel setup a..., Strike King blade Minnow that best matches the forage you are using really lure. Feels the technique ’ s predatory lateral line instincts to help you “ krak ” some bass like they for! Use it all the time to catch both numbers and big fish his! Way to get more bites when the fishing is tough gear I personally trust know. Some of your chatterbait up to the conditions of the bait selection chart, catch more fish with the pumpkin/pearl. Small commission at no extra cost to you Chatterbait/trailer combo can be absolutely dynamite for working over grass... On to put bass in the clear water situations color selection chart and get my softplastic... Of it it so easy to do are shallower around grass a chatterbait setup help! Or clear water it is very visible and this is where fluorocarbon line in open or clear water situations a. Rod you need to keep in mind when getting set up is one guy catching. Chatterbait all year long is also the most lethal is where fluorocarbon line in open water rod. Use for a chatterbait rod is if you were going deep in open water and every single year I a.

4 Burner Cast Iron Griddle, Sword And Shield Card List Price, Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w, Cipriani Restaurant London, Lamé In English,