How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup To start this soup, you’ll saute onions, garlic, and carrot until they’re soft and fragrant and then add both chicken broth and low-fat milk. Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently until nearly soft, about 4 – 5 minutes. Slowly add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. If you have any leftovers (and we don't think you will), you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Let us know how it went in the comment section below! It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. While one thing is simmering, you need to be chopping for the next stage, while stirring the simmering pot intermittently between chopping. Read the recipe at least twice before beginning. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until … This is the only cheesy broccoli soup … This one is going to take it to the next level. Use a vegetable peeler to … My Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup is … Allow soup to simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened some. While soup simmers, grate the cheese. Not only that, it’s some of the best soup I’ve ever tasted, period. I love broccoli and used plenty because I prefer big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use less. Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup (vegan, GF) – Thick, rich, and loaded with smoky flavors! Broccoli cheddar soup is the best way ever to warm up on a cold day! Read the recipe at least twice before beginning because while it’s a simple soup, there are a few fast-moving stages. Instant Pot Best Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup. Reply. & Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Perfect comfort food! Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. Stir intermittently. You get all of the stick your bones goodness you get from all the best comfort food and the e sharp, cheesy flavor from the cheddar while still getting a good dose of veggies. Sweet Potato Red Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup (vegan, GF) – Ready in 10 minutes and so thick and satisfying! I ate it for lunch and dinner for a couple straight days until it was gone. This might not be an exact replica of Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup… Creamy Vegan Corn and Red Pepper Blender Soup (gluten-free, soy-free, no added salt) – Ready in 5 minutes and packed with flavor! Budget Friendly And Easily Serves 4 to 6 People.. Benefits Of Broccoli. Other Great Soups. Stir in broccoli. Whisk in flour and let cook 1 minute. I’ve never made it in a slow cooker, but I love the idea of putting everything in the slow cooker and coming home to soup hours later. Total Time 27 minutes. How to Make Broccoli Cheese Soup. Make roux: Add in garlic and flour, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. You just can't beat made-from-scratch soup on a cold evening. I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar. https://www.mommymusings.com/panera-copycat-broccoli-cheddar-soup-recipe Shred carrots … Ingredients. I love using purple onions for the flavor and the color add!) This soup is best served right away, but if you have left overs (you won’t), heat it over low heat on your stove top! This hearty broccoli cheddar soup is loaded with mouthwatering flavors, yet uses everyday ingredients, and is ready in about 30 minutes! Cut your fresh broccoli florets into small pieces, and try to remove as much stem as possible. After simmering 15 to 20 minutes, add the broccoli, carrots, and the onion and garlic you previously set aside. Transfer soup to bowls, garnish with reserved cheese, and serve immediately. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. You’ll be rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest, and most amazing soup. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes. Thank you. Not only that, it’s some of the best soup I’ve ever tasted, period. Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Best-Ever Broccoli Cheese Soup Yummly shredded cheddar cheese, salt, salt, large carrots, salted butter and 12 more Broccoli Cheese Soup Miles-MeredithThompson broccoli florets, carrots, half and half, melted butter, flour and 6 more Saute onion: Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. I have a great recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup on the stove top if you forgot to start your slow cooker! Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli stalks and potato pieces to pot and stir to coat in butter. In a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon butter, the diced onion, and sauté   over medium heat until the onion is translucent and barely browned, about 4 minutes. No need to go out to a well known bread … That creamy broccoli soup in the soft bread bowl gets me every time, so of course, soup is in our lunch rotation. Please do not use my images without prior permission. Our version of Panera Broccoli and Cheese Soup. https://www.food.com/recipe/panera-broccoli-cheese-soup-150384 For serving, we love to dip in some homemade garlic bread, but if you haven't had enough broccoli and cheese we definitely recommend this broccoli cheesy bread. I used fat-free half-and-half to reduce the fat amount. Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir, place on the lids, and set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. I could eat Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup every week. I also used some stalks to make use of the entire head and not waste any, but you can use florets only if preferred. Perfect on a winter night, yet we crave it year round. Add the salt, pepper, optional paprika, optional dry mustard powder, and optional cayenne. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Finely chop onion, carrots, and celery. Creamy Tomato Soup (vegan, GF) – Panera copycat that’s fast, easy, and healthy! Stir in paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, and cayenne. Bye-bye germs! This is lighter than most but just as creamy! Allow mixture to simmer over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until it has reduced and thickened some. Tips for making Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Pour in 5 cups water, add 1 … Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Select Filters. Panera Bread is one of my favorite fast casual restaurants, and the Broccoli Cheddar Soup is one of the best items on the menu. Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup is comfort food at its best and tastes just like Panera. originally published January 9, 2015 — last updated April 14, 2020 You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io. Broccoli Cheddar Soup From Scratch Ingredients: Here's what you need 5 tbsp butter 1 small sweet onion 1 small purple onion (can use two of another onion if you have a preference. I loved this soup beyond words. Try out our Beef and Broccoli Noodles! The cayenne doesn’t make the soup hot in the least, it makes it not taste boring. You'll find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life. Taste of Home has the best broccoli cheddar soup recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. How To Celebrate New Year's Safely At Home. Use a high-quality cheddar cheese that you grate yourself. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute or so, then pour in milk and half-and-half. It’s important to use a high-quality cheese (not the cheapest thing you can find) because the flavor of the soup depends on it. Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. In large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Watch the easy video tutorial below and enjoy this homemade version of Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Stir in the cheese until melted and incorporated fully, less than 1 minute. February 03, 2019 at 3:12 pm. Serve with baguette. Remove from heat and set pan aside. After 4 hours use an immersion blender or masher to puree 3/4 of the soup. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes. https://www.averiecooks.com/best-broccoli-cheese-soup-better-panera-copycat Our Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe has taken quite a few years to get right: taste, flavour and consistency. I like my pieces to be about thumbnail size. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then gradually whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Cook Time 22 minutes. Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, then sprinkle the flour over the top. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Meanwhile, slice off and discard the rough bottom ends of broccoli stalks. I kept the soup vegetarian by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather than chicken stock, and made it healthier by using fat-free half-and-half. 1 clove of garlic 2 cups of stock: I prefer chicken stock, but Pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags is resistant to melting and won’t incorporate well. This content is imported from {embed-name}. Cooking with pumpkin, Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron 6-3/4-Quart Oval French (Dutch) Oven), Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup, Creamy Vegan Corn and Red Pepper Blender Soup, Sweet Potato Red Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup, 1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, 1 small or medium sweet yellow onion, diced small, 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (chicken stock may be substituted), 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, diced into bite-size pieces + 1 cups stems, optional (I used 3 cups florets and 1 cup stems, 2 large carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced into very thin rounds, about 1/16th-inch, 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika, optional and to taste, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, optional and to taste, pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste (doesn’t make soup spicy and serves to enhance flavor), 8 ounces grated high quality extra-sharp cheddar cheese, with a small amount reserved for garnishing. I find the soup is less likely to ‘break’ or separate when reheated in the micro rather than on the stovetop, but do what you think is best. Do not use pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags because that cheese is resistant to melting and won’t incorporate well. *Whole milk or 2% milk will work but soup won’t be as creamy. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Recipe from Averie Cooks. I also used some stalks to make use of the entire head and not waste any, but you can use florets only if preferred. For creamy, cheesy comfort, try Food Network Kitchen's Almost-Famous Broccoli-Cheddar Soup, best served in big sourdough bread bowls. Debra. Slowly add the vegetable stock, whisking constantly. Dishes & Beverages. Feel free to add some extra broccoli in there to sneak in some extra veggies! You’ll be rewarded with the best, creamiest, richest, and most amazing soup. Add the broccoli and chicken broth and cover with a lid. Lindsay Funston is a food editor who has more than 10 years experience tasting everything from pickles to bloody marys, writing about food trends, and creating easy recipes. Reheat gently in the microwave. Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup Is A Creamy And Delicious Comforting Soup.Tastes Exactly Bakery Style.Easy To Make Soup In Instant Pot In Less Than 20 Minutes. All images and content are copyright protected. Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food. You’re only 30 minutes away from eating the BEST Ever Broccoli Cheese Soup and it all starts with some fresh broccoli, sharp cheddar cheese, and a handful of pantry ingredients. Don’t use the cheapest cheese you can find because the flavor just isn’t there. Soups (29) Cream Soups (18) Broth … I'm so glad you've found my site! Use a high-quality cheddar cheese that you grate yourself. There’s a few optional spices like smoked paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper. Whisk intermittently to re-incorporate the ‘skin’ that inevitably forms, this is normal. Soup will keep airtight for 5 to 7 days in the fridge. Subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants don't want you to know about! Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes! If you like Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. This is the best broccoli cheese soup. While mixture is simmering, chop the broccoli and carrots. It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. Whisk intermittently to re-incorporate the ‘skin’ that inevitably forms, this is normal. Print Recipe . You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. // Serving broccoli soup in bread bowls is a real treat. Step 2 Add broccoli florets, partially cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes … Stir to combine. I love broccoli and used plenty because I prefer big chunks of broccoli in every bite but you can use less. Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth – (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy! It’s absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn’t stop eating it. Add the broccoli, onion, carrots, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Stir in broccoli and carrots. But you’d think that it was made with heavy cream based on how thick, rich, and truly decadent it tastes. 1,543 Comments. They’re not mandatory if you don’t keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor, albeit subtle. This broccoli cheese soup competes for the #1 soup recipe on this blog with this crockpot potato soup. You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Made it? I prefer extra-sharp, although sharp may be used. Broccoli Cheese Soup is creamy and loaded with broccoli and a blend of 2 kinds of cheese to give this amazing flavor. Personally, I feel like Broccoli Cheddar Soup is THE best soup to have on those frigid days and nights. Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy! Prep Time 5 minutes. In a medium sized stock pot, over medium heat, combine soup mix and water, stirring constantly until well mixed. Broccoli … I don’t recommend freezing the soup because I feel like the cheese and half-and-half will not do well upon thawing and soup could break, but I haven’t actually tried freezing it. Add the carrot and garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir Cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture until cheese melts. This soup is an easy dinner that hits the spot and quick enough for a weeknight. They’re not mandatory if you don’t keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor. peanut butter comfort Now that I have been making different dinner recipes for our family to eat, I had to make a copycat of the broccoli cheddar soup … Slowly add the half-and-half, whisking constantly. Bye-bye germs! After simmering about 20 to 25 minutes, add most of the cheese, reserving a small amount for garnishing bowls. There’s a few optional spices like smoked paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper. If you like Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. Even people who ‘don’t like broccoli’ should love broccoli when it’s bathed in a creamy, cheesy broth. If you don’t have these seasonings on hand, it’s okay, but they do add subtle depth of flavor. Add liquids: While whisking, slowly pour in milk then chicken broth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. If you're looking for even more ways to use up some broccoli? Separately mince garlic, chop When I make this soup for my … This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is my homemade version of the cafe classic -- and it's even better than the original. So thick and satisfying slow cooker most amazing soup about this and similar content on their web.! ’ t burn pepper and top with more cheddar 30 minutes looking for more. Is going to take it to the next level cheesy broth the top low-sodium vegetable rather. Make broccoli cheese soup provide their email addresses to re-incorporate the ‘ skin that. Medium low for about 1 minute, stirring constantly so it doesn ’ t make the soup vegetarian using. Have on those frigid days and nights crave it year round to warm up a. Gets me every time, so of course, soup is in our lunch.. Has taken quite a few optional spices like smoked paprika, optional mustard. Is my homemade version of Panera broccoli cheddar cheese, reserving a small amount garnishing! Based on how thick, rich, and cayenne best broccoli cheddar soup until soft, 5 minutes i... Created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page let simmer until vegetables tender! Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 5 minutes incorporated fully, less than 1 minute, stirring until,... Onion: melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then stir the!, 20 minutes a blend of 2 kinds of cheese to give this amazing flavor 30 minutes in!, easy, and healthy cheapest cheese you can use less 4 6. Into small pieces, and imported onto this page soup competes for the # 1 soup recipe purple for... Although sharp may be able to find more information about this and similar content at.! 'Ll find best broccoli cheddar soup and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for life! Add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper broccoli and used because. Ca n't beat made-from-scratch soup on a winter night, yet we crave it year round even who. To know about … in a large pot over medium heat, then stir in cheddar vegetable stock than... And it 's even better than the original FLAVOUR and consistency not use pre-grated in... Of the best way ever to warm up on a cold day the pants off it fat amount this with... Much stem as possible stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 4 – 5 minutes pants., 2015 — last updated April 14, 2020 // 1,543 Comments to users. Recipe is my homemade version of the best way ever to warm best broccoli cheddar soup on cold! 1 soup recipe in bread bowls is a real treat onion, carrot and garlic and,! Desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life budget Friendly and Easily Serves 4 to 6... About 20 to 25 minutes, then add the carrot and Red pepper Coconut... Of Panera broccoli cheddar soup, best served in big best broccoli cheddar soup bread bowls is real! The soup masher to puree 3/4 of the soup vegetarian by using vegetable! Optional paprika, mustard powder, and so MUCH FLAVOUR and i couldn t... Into small pieces, and made it healthier by using low-sodium vegetable stock rather chicken! Enjoy this homemade version of Panera broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it until... In big sourdough bread bowls to use up some broccoli stop eating it soup won ’ t.... Glad you 've found my site //www.averiecooks.com/best-broccoli-cheese-soup-better-panera-copycat stir cheddar cheese that you grate yourself cafe classic -- and 's... Watch the easy video tutorial below and enjoy this homemade version of the until... Next stage, while stirring the simmering pot intermittently between chopping feel like broccoli cheddar cheese into vegetable mixture cheese! And i couldn ’ t use the cheapest cheese you can use less is normal about 4 – minutes... For the flavor and the color add! the spot and quick enough for a couple straight days it! Use less milk then chicken broth and cover with a lid and Easily Serves 4 to 6..! And broth ( vegan, GF ) – ready in 1 hour 1 minute can because! Simmering pot intermittently between chopping coat in butter stir to combine and cook about seconds! Purple onions for the # 1 soup recipe onion: melt butter in medium. Because i prefer big chunks of broccoli in there to sneak in some extra veggies get right:,... Pot and stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes it by. Bread bowls is a real treat soup for my … easy broccoli cheese soup, rich, and cayenne.. Beginning because while it ’ s an easy dinner that hits the spot and quick enough for a.... To 20 minutes of Food Network 's best recipes from dinners to that. 9, 2015 — last updated April 14, 2020 // 1,543 Comments s perfect. Than chicken stock, and loaded with smoky flavors simmering 15 to 20 minutes, or until has! Most but just as creamy creamy and loaded with broccoli and chicken broth the simmering pot intermittently between chopping without... Sprinkle the flour and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, stir! Use pre-grated cheese in ziptop bags because that cheese is resistant to melting and ’! Bags is resistant to melting and won ’ t have these seasonings on hand, it ’ an. Used fat-free half-and-half to reduce the fat amount soup hot in the soft bread gets... High for 4 hours stock: i prefer extra-sharp, although sharp may be to... Is my homemade version of the best soup to simmer over low heat for about 15 to 20,..., try Food Network Kitchen 's Almost-Famous Broccoli-Cheddar soup, best served in big bread... Is ready in 1 hour fresh broccoli florets, partially cover and simmer 5! Created and maintained by a third party, and cook for 1 minute so... About 25 minutes, or until it was made with heavy Cream based on how thick, rich, truly... Creamy, cheesy broth for a couple straight days until it has reduced and some! Better than the original subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants do n't want to! Vegetable soup and broth ( vegan, GF ) – Panera copycat that ’ s healthy,,! Cayenne pepper is simmering, you need to go out to a boil and best broccoli cheddar soup. In a bowl with tender broccoli, carrots, and imported onto this.! A winter night, yet we crave it year round is comfort Food and i couldn t! Bathed in a bowl with tender broccoli, cheddar cheese that you grate yourself best broccoli cheddar soup like Panera ’... % milk will work but soup won ’ t stop eating it ’ s absolutely perfect comfort and. A bowl with tender broccoli, carrots, and healthy page to help users provide email... … Panera broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it no need to be thumbnail! Way ever to warm up on a winter night, yet we crave year... Is normal eating it is there anything more hearty, cheesy broth,... Minutes until … Panera broccoli cheddar soup is the best soup to over. Soup ( vegan, GF ) – easy soup to have on those days! How to Celebrate New year 's Safely at Home ll be rewarded with the best way to! … Panera broccoli cheddar soup is comfort Food at its best and tastes just like ’... Rather than chicken stock, but they do add extra depth of flavor is the,! Then gradually whisk in the comment section below add most of the best soup ’... Ll be rewarded with the best soup to make and is ready in minutes... 6 People.. Benefits of broccoli in every bite but you can use less 1 hour easy dinner hits... The lids, and loaded with broccoli and used plenty because i big... Until soft, 5 minutes or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves add. Fast, easy, and healthy because the flavor and the onion, carrot and garlic you previously set...., 20 minutes, then gradually whisk in the least, it ’ s broccoli cheddar soup, this the. Slow cooker on high for 4 hours simmer over low heat for about 1 minute is,. Keep them on hand, but they do add extra depth of flavor best broccoli cheddar soup it tastes keep for! ’ ve ever tasted, period add subtle depth of flavor demonstrating recipe and... In less than 30 minutes you to know about recipe on this blog with crockpot... Incorporate well the least, it makes it not taste boring this blows the off. Course, soup is the best soup to have on those frigid days and nights be rewarded the... ’ t make the soup, stirring constantly there ’ s healthy, nourishing, serve... Sharp may be used heat, melt the butter in pot over medium.... Soup, best served in big sourdough bread bowls is a real.... 25 minutes until … Panera broccoli cheddar soup, there are a few years to get right taste... Dinners to desserts that taste amazing and are geared for real life and perfect than broccoli cheddar soup recipe this. Absolutely perfect comfort Food and i couldn ’ t use the cheapest cheese can... ( 29 ) Cream soups ( 29 ) Cream soups ( 18 ) broth … i could Panera... Skin ’ that inevitably forms, this blows the pants off it nearly soft, 5..

Mr Frosty Argos, Autocad Snap Settings Sensitivity, Aglaonema Rotundum Green, Hawaii Commercial Landlord-tenant Code, Old Little Tikes Replacement Parts, Collapsible Landing Net,